Ham is a holiday favorite and the perfect Sunday supper! We love it oven-roasted, slow-cooked, or even smoked. Add a sweet caramelized glaze, salt, pineapple, or mustard.
As much as we love the main event, I think we love leftovers even more. Below are our favorite leftover ham recipes.
Table of Contents
What To Do With Leftover Ham
But one of the best parts of a big meal (like a baked ham dinner) is the leftovers! Start by just reheating leftover ham slices and eating them as is, or get creative with our favorite recipes for leftover ham below!
How To Reheat Leftover Ham
You can reheat ham in the oven by placing it in a shallow baking dish with ½ cup of broth and heating it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes. Or, if you only need to reheat a few pieces, try using an air fryer at 350°F for 3-5 minutes. Time will vary slightly based on how large the piece of ham is, how it is cut (thick vs. thin), and how much ham is being reheated.
How to Store Leftover Ham
Ham will last up to 4 days in the fridge or longer in the freezer. Dice and package it into 1-cup portions to make it easy to use in recipes! A ham bone makes great soups. Keep it in the freezer, and then use it right from frozen!
- Fridge: Cooked leftover ham (spiral or other) can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. (This also includes leftover deli ham once opened). Freeze it, and it will last longer.
- Freezer: Leftover ham should be well sealed (or vacuum sealed), and the leftovers can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Main Ham Dish Recipes
- Glazed Ham is almost like a traditional meatloaf, but it is made from ground ham and pork. This is a great recipe for all that leftover ham.
- Black Eyed Peas Recipe with Ham is a little bit like a soup but with less broth. So chunky and flavorful, perfect for serving with rice.
- Ham Balls are made from ground ham and then covered in a sweet red sauce. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
- Linguine Carbonara is a creamy Italian dish, made with a white sauce and pieces of ham. So delicious.
- Deviled Ham is a zesty spread made from seasoned ground ham mixed with ingredients like mustard, mayo, and Worcestershire sauce. It’s perfect for sandwiches and crackers!
Ham Casserole Recipes
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham puts a little twist on the classic scalloped potatoes. Add a little ham and this classic side dish turns into the main deal.
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Ham combines a cream sauce, noodles, broccoli, and ham. Even the kids will love this one!
- Cordon Bleu Casserole No ‘cream of anything’ soup in this recipe but loads of chicken and diced ham. Impress guests with this super comforting and cozy dish.
- Creamy Baked Tortellini is a recipe with so many options and add-ins. So creamy, and filling.
- Cheesy Ham Casserole is made with three kinds of cheese, a white sauce, and ham. So good.
Ham Sliders and Sandwiches
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – Sweet Hawaiian Rolls, ham, cheese, and a buttery glaze – baked to melty perfection!
- Ham Salad is great for using leftover ham and for sandwiching between two slices of white bread.
- Monte Cristo Sandwich is the king of grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Ham and Cheese Croissants are filled with smoky ham and rich Swiss cheese! Topped off with honey mustard sauce and baked to melty perfection, it’s a savory snack for any occasion!
Ham Soup Recipes
- 15 Bean Soup is such a filling and hearty soup, perfect for meals on a budget.
- Instant Pot Ham & Bean Soup is a quick and easy way to have a comforting stew on the table in minutes.
- Great Northern Beans and Ham is packed full of delicious ham and white northern beans. This soup is so good.
- Easy Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup is a creamy soup that is perfect for those cold winter nights.
- Slow Cooker Ham Bone Soup is a great way to use up that Easter ham.
- Ham and Corn Chowder is a simple chowder made from ham and corn. So smooth and creamy, this soup is delicious.
- Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup is the perfect soup on a budget. It’s filled with beans and ham and cooked long and slow in the crock pot.
- Split Pea Soup is a creamy creation that is so simple and easy to make.
Ham Breakfast Recipes
- Denver Omelet is a loaded omelet that is oozing with cheese!
- Ham & Spinach Frittata is a superb dish to make for Sunday brunch. This omelet is filled with a splash of green and hearty ham.
- CrockPot Breakfast Casserole puts that crockpot to work. This recipe makes serving a brunch easy without the hassle.
- Denver Egg Casserole is an egg casserole without a crust, making it perfect for those on a low-carb keto diet.
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish for serving when a crowd is on its way over for brunch.
- Easy Quiche Recipe is a simple take on a classic recipe. Add some ham and turn eggs into a filling dish.
- Ham Breakfast Hash is bound to keep everyone fueled up for the morning.
- Breakfast Enchiladas are loaded and ready to go for breakfast. So filling and yummy.
More Ham Favorites
10 Other Ways to Use Leftover Ham
Ham is such an easy cut of meat to cook with. Use it to replace chicken or ground beef. It also makes great sandwiches or is perfect for snacking on its own!
- Add it in place of chicken in a quick fried rice recipe!
- Replace the chicken in your favorite chicken pot pie recipe.
- Serve a simple ham sandwich by frying the ham and putting it on toast with cheddar cheese and mustard.
- Top your favorite pizza dough with ham (or add it to a frozen pizza).
- Dice leftover ham into small pieces and add it to cooked peas with butter.
- Deck out your fave baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheddar, and ham for an easy meal!
- Add ham and cheddar to homemade biscuits and serve warm with butter.
- Add ham to almost any pasta salad recipe or macaroni salad!
- Add diced ham to scrambled eggs or omelets.
- Chop it up and add it to mashed potatoes or mashed potato cakes.
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite leftover ham recipe is!