Potato Wedges are the best side dish to hit the dinner table! They are tossed in the perfect blend of seasonings, parmesan, and olive oil before being oven-roasted.
These wedges are a great side dish but they’re also perfect to put out as a snack on game day!
The Best Potatoes to Use
Just like when making french fries, my potato of choice is russet potatoes. Look for quality russet potatoes that are fairly small and uniform in size for uniform cooking.
These wedges also work with red or yellow skinned potatoes, the texture will be a bit creamier and more similar to a roasted potato.
How to Make Potato Wedges
Homemade roasted potatoes get that crunchy dark coating on the edges that makes them super crunchy and perfect for dipping!
- Prep potatoes and cut into wedges (per recipe below).
- Toss with seasoning and parmesan and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until tender and serve hot!
Try making them with your own rubs or seasoning blends for a custom side perfect for any meal!
How to Make Them Crispy
- Soak Soak the potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes (or up to a few hours). This removes a lot of starch from the outside (you’ll see it in the bottom of the bowl as you remove them).
- Dry Once soaked, dry the potatoes well. Any water left will steam them instead of crisp them.
- Oil Be generous with the oil, it helps them crisp.
- Heat A high heat helps crisp the outside just like when making roasted vegetables. You can also broil for a few minutes (without parchment paper) if desired.
What to Serve with Potato Wedges
Potatoes are the perfect vehicle for ANY kind of sauce or dip! Here is a list of ideas to inspire you!
As for main dishes that make potato wedges a perfect side, here are a few favorites!
- Breakfast: Breakfast burritos, Fried Egg Sandwiches
- Lunch: Grilled hot dogs, Tuna Melts, BLT’s
- Supper: Burgers fresh off the grill, Meatloaf with a crispy cucumber salad
Or really anything you’re craving! they are such a versatile side dish that goes great with anything.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges
Potato wedges are super easy to reheat! Place them in a non stick pan with a touch of oil over medium low heat and cover. Stir occasionally until heated through. You can also microwave them but they won’t be as crispy!
Crispy Potato Side Dishes
- Easy Home Fries – savory, crispy goodness!
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes – so simple to prepare
- Baked French Fries – all-time favorites!
- Crispy Parmesan Potatoes – perfect side or snack!
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – one pan recipe
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 small russet potatoes skin on
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges (depending on size, 8-10 wedges each).
- If time allows, soak potato wedges in cold water at least 30 minutes. Drain and dry very well with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Toss potatoes with remaining ingredients until well coated.
- Place potatoes, skin side down, on a large baking pan and bake until tender and browned, about 45-50 minutes.