This Easy Quiche Recipe starts with a premade pie crust but no one has to know! It’s loaded with ham, cheese and green onions and is the perfect easy breakfast or dinner!
You can really add anything you want to this easy quiche recipe — other vegetables, different cheeses or seasonings — but ham and cheese is our favorite way to do it up. I don’t know about you, but we love eggs for any meal of the day here. We’ll take any excuse to enjoy them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and this easy quiche recipe definitely bridges the gap between all three. I love keeping my quiche recipes easy, and serving them up with lovely fruit or a beautiful fresh salad!
There are so many variations on a classic quiche recipe, but I wanted to keep things super simple this time around. We’re starting with a premade, refrigerated pie crust and filling it with all the good stuff!
You can definitely use a premade, frozen pie crust that has already been pressed into a disposable pan if you want to make this quiche even easier, but I like to roll mine out and bake it in one of my own pie plates. That way no one has to know about the shortcuts we took!
Tips for making this Easy Quiche Recipe:
- This recipe really couldn’t be any easier — start with a premade pie crust, and fill it with your favorite things, plus some eggs and milk.
- A lot of quiche recipes you will find have precooked ingredients and require an extra pan plus additional prep time. We are using cooked, cubed ham and green onions in this recipe to ensure this easy breakfast quiche recipe comes together as quickly as possible!
- Don’t forget to keep an eye on the quiche as it bakes — you don’t want the crust getting too brown on top as the eggs cook! If necessary, cover the outside ring of the crust with a bit of foil to prevent it from browning further.
- If you aren’t a fan of the traditional pie crust, try making a Puff Pastry Quiche or these Easy Mini Quiche made with wonton wrappers!
Can you make a quiche ahead of time?
You bet! Once baked, cool the quiche for up to two hours on the counter, and then refrigerate. To reheat, cover the quiche with foil and bake for about at 325F (until just heated). Cooling it before refrigerating helps keep the crust a bit more crisp.
How do you make a Crustless Quiche:
If you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative, or you’re just not a big fan of crust (hey, we all have our own preferences!), you can absolutely skip the crust and just pour the egg mixture right into the pan to make this into a crustless quiche recipe. It’s that easy!
Just don’t forget to grease the pie plate first because eggs can be tough to get out after they’re cooked!
Since you won’t need to watch the crust for signs of doneness, you will just bake a crustless quiche until the eggs are completely set all through the center.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage– a hands down family favorite!
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal – a healthy, sweeter option
- Banana Breakfast Cookies – for breakfast on the go
- Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins – mmmm, muffins!!
Easy Quiche Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a 9" pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)