Easy Banana Bread recipe is one that I’ve made about a million times! Learn the trick to how to make banana bread moist and delicious. With very few ingredients and only a few minutes of prep, this simple banana bread is the perfect way to enjoy your ripe bananas!
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread recipe is so quick and easy to prepare,perfect for busy households! It makes a most delicious afternoon snack for hungry kids after school or enjoy banana bread for breakfast paired with a warm mug of coffee!
It’s incredibly moist and easy to make. You likely have everything you need for this recipe!
Banana Bread Ingredients
- BANANAS for Banana Bread: Bananas that are too ripe to enjoy eating are perfect for making bread! The riper the bananas, the easier to make and they give a great sweet flavor!
- How Ripe Should Bananas Be for Banana Bread? You want your bananas to be ripe with many black spots, this means they’re soft and full of sugars. You can peel them and freeze them to make banana bread at a later date too.
- To Ripen Bananas: Uhoh, you have beautiful yellow bananas, perfect for a smoothie or banana pudding but not so much for banana bread! To ripen bananas in a day or two, place them in a paper bag (with other ripe fruit if you have any) and seal. To ripen immediately, you can bake them at about 300°F for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to allow them to cool before using in this recipe.
- EGGS & OIL: Eggs and oil add moisture to quick breads. In this recipe we replace some of the oil with mayonnaise (which is made of… eggs and oil)! While this may seem like a weird ingredient, as you can see from the reviews on this recipe, it produces a moist banana bread!
How to Make Banana Bread
This extra moist banana bread recipe is one of the easiest you’ll ever make. It’s very important not to overmix this causes a dense chewy loaf instead of a tender moist banana bread.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine bananas (of course), mayonnaise and egg in a second bowl.
- Mix the two together just until moist.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake.
I make a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake which is to die for. If you have never had a bread or cake made with mayonnaise before, you MUST try it. Banana Bread with Mayonnaise? I know it may sound a little bit strange, but mayo is made of oil and eggs which are basically staple ingredients in this quick bread anyhow and will make this banana bread soft and moist.
How to Make Banana Bread Moist
Banana add not only flavor to this bread but also moisture. Make sure your bananas are very ripe with lots of black spots! Ovens can vary so be sure to check your bread at least 10 minutes before the time is up just to be sure.
Tips for Moist Banana Bread
- The batter is thick, do not add extra liquid.
- Avoid adding extra bananas, this can make the bread too dense.
- As with all quick breads, do not overmix. Stir just until incorporated.
- Do not overcook
- Seal well once cooled (a freezer bag works well too).
You can add in pecan or walnuts or chocolate chips to this banana bread recipe. For easy removal, line the loaf pan with parchment paper leaving about 3 inches of paper folded over the top of the pan. Serve it with Whipped Strawberry Butter or Honey Butter.
How to Store Banana Bread
I much prefer to store this banana bread recipe on the counter at room temperature. How long does Banana Bread last? Banana bread should last about 3 days tightly sealed on the counter.
To FREEZE Banana Bread: Of course this easy banana bread freezes beautifully. You can either freeze the loaf as a whole or slice it and freeze the slices. To defrost a slice just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds or even just add it to the lunch box frozen, it’ll defrost in plenty of time for lunch!
Once you try it, this award-winning easy banana bread recipe will definitely be your go-to recipe!
More Amazing Banana Recipes
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins – Popular recipe!
- Chocolate Banana Cake – Easy and quick to prep.
- Banana Breakfast Cookies– Great for breakfast on the go
- Banana Muffins – Classic recipe, add nuts or chocolate
- Pecan Coconut Banana Bread Recipe – Flavorful favorite!
Easy Banana Bread
- 3 Medium Bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
In a bowl mix together mashed bananas, mayo and egg. In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pecans
Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined. Note: The mixture will be very thick, do not over mix
Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)