This easy Banana Bread recipe is a no-fail favorite that comes out perfect every time!
With a handful of ingredients that you likely have on hand and only a few minutes of prep, you’re going to start buying extra bananas just for this recipe!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick This is so quick to prepare, you’ll probably have it ready to go before your oven even finishes preheating!
- Easy Ingredients The ingredients needed are things I always have on hand so I can make this at a moments notice.
- No-Fail This recipe turns out perfectly every time.
- Extra Moist The banana bread in this recipe is deliciously moist with a tender crumb, just as it should be.
Bananas You want your bananas to be ripe with many black spots, this means they’re soft and full of sugars. You can peel them and freeze them to bake with at a later date too.
To Ripen Bananas Quickly: Uhoh, you have beautiful yellow bananas, perfect for a smoothie or banana pudding but not so much for baking!
- To ripen in 1-2 days: place them in a paper bag (with other ripe fruit if you have any) and seal.
- To ripen immediately, bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes. Cool before using in this recipe.
Eggs & Oil Eggs and oil add moisture to quick breads like zucchini bread and of course this recipe too.
In this recipe, we replace some of the oil with mayonnaise (which is made of… eggs and oil)! While this may seem like a weird ingredient, as you can see from the reviews, it is the perfect addition!
How to Make Banana Bread
Banana Bread with Mayonnaise? I know it may sound a little bit strange, but mayo is made with oil and eggs which are basically staple ingredients in any quick bread.
Be sure not to overmix or it’ll be dense and chewy instead of soft and moist.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (per recipe below).
- Combine bananas (of course), mayonnaise and egg in a second bowl.
- Mix the two together just until moist (image below, your batter should be lumpy).
- Pour into a greased pan and bake.
I make a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake which is to die for. If you have never had a bread or cake made with mayonnaise before, you MUST try it.
Tips for Success
Bananas add flavor and moisture to this loaf as does the mayonnaise. A few more favorite tips:
- The batter is thick, do not add extra liquid.
- Avoid adding extra bananas, this can make the bread too dense.
- As with all quick breads, do not overmix. Stir just until incorporated.
- Do not overcook. Ovens can vary so check your bread at least 10 minutes before the time is up.
- Seal well once cooled (a freezer bag works well too).
You can add in pecan or walnuts or chocolate chips to this banana bread recipe.
For easy removal, line the loaf pan with parchment paper leaving about 3 inches of paper folded over the top of the pan.
How to Store Banana Bread
Banana bread should last about 3 days tightly sealed on the counter.
To FREEZE: You can either freeze the loaf as a whole or slice it and freeze the slices. To defrost a slice just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds or even just add it to the lunch box frozen, it’ll defrost in plenty of time for lunch!
Options and Add-Ins
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins – reader favorite
- Blueberries – Toss with a bit of flour before adding to the batter to keep evenly distributed
- Peacans, coconut, dried fruits
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a bowl mix together mashed bananas, mayo and egg. In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pecans
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined. Note: The mixture will be very thick, do not over mix
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I sub Swerve brown sugar and Duke’s Light Mayo to make this a little healthier. I sometimes add a few Lily’s SF chips. It’s fabulous and my go to Banana Bread Recipe. Thank you!
This was the best and moist bread.I made one in my cast iron skillet.Turn out great and didnt stick to the pan. I agree from other comments I should have added some vanilla and cinnamon.It was a little flat.I didnt add nuts but it tasted nutty.I will make this again. Thank You for sharing.
This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is an absolute must-try for all baking enthusiasts out there! The recipe is straightforward and requires minimal ingredients, making it a perfect option for a quick and delicious homemade snack. The bread turned out moist, fluffy, and full of banana flavor, thanks to the use of ripe bananas and a few essential baking ingredients. I appreciate that the recipe includes easy-to-follow instructions that even beginners can understand. Overall, this recipe is a winner, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to whip up a tasty treat in no time.
I am so happy to hear you love this recipe!
It was very most and delicious, but next time I will use less salt and add nutmeg and cinnamon.
Everyone loves this recipe so moist and delicious and easy to make need to find the mayo chocolate cake recipe.
the best banana bread recipe ever! it is so moist my kids love it!
Great recipe fast and easy!❤
I made this today. I added pure vanilla extract, because I have used it ever since I learned how to make banana bread. Also, cinnamon, for the same reason. The recipe said to bake it for 60 to 70 minutes. I followed the instructions for the loaf pan, and I pulled it out AT 55 minutes, it was really dark brown by this time. It should have come out from 50 to 55 minutes. Good taste though, but needed the cinnamon and vanilla.
How much cinnamon and vanilla do you add?
Yummy and easy banana bread recipe. Comes out perfect every time!
Really delicious banana bread thanks