This recipe is an easy an hearty breakfast casserole that cooks while you sleep thanks to the crockpot! We love this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole because it can be prepared the night before and enjoyed the next morning without any fuss! It’s perfect for holidays, for when you’ve got guests over or even for a Sunday brunch!
This can easily be adapted to what is in your fridge and your preferences! Ham or sausage works great in this recipe as well as any variety of veggies you prefer!
Note: Do not overcook.
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
* Slow Cooker * Frozen Hash Browns * Eggs *
SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1 bag Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes 32 oz
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Cut bacon into small pieces, cook and drain (You could use precooked bacon to speed up the process).
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, layer: half of the hash browns and half of the following: onions, bacon, green and red peppers and cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients ending with cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and milk together. Pour egg mixture over the casserole and top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours (or high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love