Baked eggs are easy to make and reheat well for great breakfasts throughout the week.
Simply line a baking pan with a slice of ham, crack an egg in the middle, season and bake. Naturally low carb and loaded with flavor, these are a breakfast favorite!
Our Fave Baked Eggs
Eggs baked in muffin cups are not only are they portion-controlled, but they are perfectly portable!
They can be made in advance and kept in the fridge or freezer!
All your favorite omelet add-ins fit perfectly in each cup, too!
No Ham? No Problem!
We line the muffin cups with ham and fill them with egg, the ham helps the baked eggs to pop out of the pan.
If you don’t have ham, grease the muffin pan VERY well (or the eggs will stick to the pan) and follow the recipe below (or wrap a slice of bacon around the muffin well).
How to Bake Eggs
Baked eggs are ready in 1-2-3.
- Line each cup with a piece of ham.
- Crack one egg into each cup and spoon a tablespoon of heavy cream over each egg.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese in each cup and season with salt and pepper.
Bake per recipe below until the whites are set and the yolks are still slightly runny (or to your liking of course). Serve on a plate with home fries or even make them into breakfast sandwiches between English muffins.
How Long to Bake Eggs
Baked eggs will continue to cook a little more once they are removed from the oven. Times can vary by a minute or two depending on your baking pan, but here is a short guide to baking eggs for different textures:
- For soft yolk eggs – bake 12 minutes, remove from oven and let set before serving.
- For medium yolk eggs – bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and let set before serving.
- For hard yolk eggs – bake 18 minutes, remove from oven and let set before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Large eggs are the preferred size for baked eggs so they really fill up the muffin cups.
- If using bacon instead of ham to line the muffin tins, there is no need to grease the cups. Fry or microwave bacon part way to begin the cooking process. Drain, and line the tins with the bacon strips, before adding other ingredients
Great Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Egg Muffins -perfect to make-ahead
- Breakfast Tacos – freezer-friendly
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole – 5 star recipe
- Easy Quiche Recipe – so cheesy
Did you make these Baked Eggs? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
- 6 slices deli ham (thin sliced)
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a muffin tin very well. Line each muffin tin with a slice of ham.
- Crack one egg in each muffin well. Top with 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Sprinkle with ½ tablespoon finely shredded cheddar. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until yolks are set to desired doneness. Broil 1-2 minutes if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)