Ham and cheese stuffed biscuits are easy to make and fun to eat!
Tender biscuits are stuffed with a ham and cheese filling and then baked until fluffy and melty!
Simple, savory, and so delish!
Easy Stuffed Biscuits
- Make this recipe just in time for the big game, a sleepover, or a quick & healthy snack.
- Prepped and ready in about 20 minutes, stuffed biscuits are a filling snack for a crowd that can even be made ahead.
- Use prepared biscuits to make it quick or homemade biscuits for a from scratch version.
- These can be reheated just before serving! Line them up on a baking sheet and reheat them in the oven or put them into the microwave or air fryer for a few minutes.
Ingredients for Stuffed Biscuits
Biscuits – A roll of refrigerated biscuits is easy to find and perfectly portioned. Sizes range from regular to jumbo and this recipe can accommodate whatever is on hand.
Biscuits freeze beautifully, so why not make a batch or two of homemade biscuits that are ready any time.
Cheese – Shredded cheddar or slices of American cheddar can be cut to fit. Cut one slice into quarters and stack two pieces per biscuit.
- Grab-and-go breakfast biscuits: Make using scrambled eggs, a slice of American cheese, bacon, ham, or a sausage patty. Prep them in advance, wrap them in plastic, and pop them in the microwave on those uber-busy mornings! For a bigger, heartier breakfast try this tasty classic breakfast sandwich.
- Other combos: Try spinach, bacon, and Swiss cheese, or onions, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese to make a pizza biscuit.
- Ham or corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese for a Reuben styled stuffed biscuit.
- Or why not mini meatballs, mozzarella, and marinara sauce? Try tuna salad and cheddar cheese, or chicken, spinach, and bleu cheese crumbles. And of course there is always breakfast sausage (cut links in half) and gravy.
How to Make Stuffed Biscuits
These biscuits are a filling and savory addition to the breakfast or lunch menu.
- Prep filling: Mix diced ham and cheese in a small bowl (per the recipe below).
- Fill biscuits: Cut biscuit open vertically and add the filling.
- Seal edges: Pinch the edges closed and place each biscuit in a muffin pan.
- Bake: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake.
Make Ahead & Leftovers
Make ahead – These biscuits can be made up to 48 hours ahead of time and baked just before serving. They can also be baked and then reheated in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
Keep leftover ham and cheese stuffed biscuits in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Freeze cooled leftovers by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
More Biscuits We Love
Did your family enjoy these stuffed biscuits? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Cheesy Stuffed Biscuits
- 3 ounces deli ham diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Dijon optional
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits 16 ounces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine diced ham and cheese. In a separate small bowl, mix together melted butter and Dijon if using.
- Gently cut biscuit open, like a sandwich bun, stopping ¼-inch from the end.
- Open the biscuit and place 1 tablespoon of ham and cheese mixture in the middle of the dough.
- Close the biscuit and seal the edges by pinching all the way around. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Place biscuits in the muffin pan. Brush with the Dijion/butter mixture, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or browned. Do not over bake.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!