This cheesy, creamy baked tortellini is perfect all year long! An extra quick homemade cheese sauce is tossed with tender tortellini and ham and peas.
Swap out the add-ins for your favorites (or whatever you have on hand) to create a quick and delicious pasta recipe!
This baked tortellini recipe will be a winner because there are so many different mix-ins and add-ons, you can use nearly whatever you have on hand and everyone will love it!
How to Make Tortellini Bake
This creamy baked tortellini recipe is so simple to prepare.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Do not overcook, they will cook more in the oven.
- Make the cheese sauce (per recipe below).
- Combine everything in a casserole dish and cover with remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered.
- Swap ham for leftover chicken or turkey
- Swap peas for leftover roasted veggies
- Add in fresh veggies that have been steamed or sautéed tender crisp. Steamed broccoli is a favorite!
- Trade out the cheeses for whatever is in your fridge. Ensure at least one of the cheeses has a bold flavor.
Shortcut: Swap out the homemade sauce for jarred alfredo sauce (you’ll need about 22oz or 1 1/2 (15 oz each jars) and stir in the cheeses.
What To Serve With Tortellini Bake
Depending on what you put in your signature version of tortellini bake, nearly anything can be a good side dish! Try a fresh, crispy salad with a tangy vinaigrette, beet salad or even a simple tossed salad.
Serve with a slice of garlic bread!
Creamy tortellini leftovers make great next day lunches for school and work! It can even be served cold!
- To Reheat: Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave. Add a little milk to thin it out a bit if needed.
More Baked Pasta Dishes
- Baked Penne Casserole
- Pizza Baked Tortellini
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta
- Classic Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
Creamy Baked Tortellini
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini refrigerated
- 2 cups ham chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ⅔ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup frozen green peas defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Combine butter, garlic and basil in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add flour and seasonings. Cook 1 minute. Stir in milk a little at a time until smooth. Bring to a boil while stirring over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese until smooth and melted.
- Combine tortellini, sauce, ham, and green peas in a 9x13 pan. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered, 15-20 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)