Ham and Cheese Sliders make a simple lunch, a great easy dinner, or the perfect snack for game day!
Sweet Hawaiian Rolls are filled with ham and cheese and topped with a delicious buttery glaze. It’s all baked together until warm and melty.
What’s better than the classic duo of ham and cheese?
Ingredients Ham and Cheese Sliders
These hot ham and cheese sliders are super easy to make.
Rolls – Hawaiian sweet rolls are perfect for these sliders. They’re really soft and fluffy with just a touch of sweetness. You can also use slider buns or dinner rolls.
Ham – You can use any type of ham, like black forest, honey ham, or thinly sliced leftover ham. Put 1 slice of ham per slider as a snack or two slices for a heartier ham slider. You can also use other deli meats like roast beef or turkey.
Cheese – Ham and swiss is a classic pairing but you can use any cheese you like. White cheddar, provolone, and mozzarella are all delicious!
Topping – This is where the magic happens! Mix melted butter with some seasonings and brush over the tops of the rolls.
If you don’t have minced onion, substitute a little bit of onion powder or garlic powder. You can replace the seasonings in the recipe with everything bagel seasoning.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Bake until they’re hot and the cheese is gooey melted and you’ve got the perfect bite!
- Cut the dinner rolls in half so you have a top and bottom (without separating them)
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and add the topping ingredients per the recipe below.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking pan, and top with ham and cheese.
- Brush the tops with the butter mixture and bake until golden and melty.
The topping adds a ton of flavor and you can easily modify it to your likes!
Tips for Great Ham Sliders
- For easier cutting, places a slice or two of folded ham on each roll instead of laying the slices across the sliders. It makes them easier to pull apart.
- To prepare ahead of time, prepare the sliders as directed without baking. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
Serving & Storage
Serve this ham and cheese sliders recipe as a snack alongside your favorite appetizers. They also make an easy weeknight dinner served with a side salad, roast potatoes or even soup.
Leftover sliders can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or wrap in foil and heat in the air fryer.
More Easy Sandwiches We Love
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls or slider buns
- 12 slices deli ham *see note
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine 4 tablespoons melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried minced onion.
- Cut the rolls in half separating the top and bottom. If they are attached you don't need to separate each roll.
- Brush with the inside of the rolls remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place the bottom of the rolls in a baking dish. Layer a slice of folded ham on each roll and top with cheese slices.
- Place the top half of the rolls on the cheese and gently brush the butter mixture overtop.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
These sliders were a big hit at this year’s Super Bowl party. I made 12 ham and 12 turkey. The topping I omitted the dried onion only because I was making them for a crowd and wasn’t sure if everyone would like the onion flavor so to be safe I just left it out. Everyone raved about the sliders. As always another great recipe from Holly!! Thank You
I’m so happy to hear this recipe was a hit Kathy!
Delicious and easy to make. We truly enjoyed it! hubby loves ham.
easy to make and delicious
looks like dinner tomorrow. numm
These are delicious!!! I used Monterey Jack cheese instead and added a little extra thinly sliced ham. These were a BIG hit at my Super Bowl Party.
most of your recipes look just perfect to me. I am a retired home ec. teacher and would like to keep all these recipes for future use. How do I do this?
Hi Joan, you can click the heart on the bottom right of the screen to save a recipe. Then to access the recipes you saved, click the heart in the top header bar. I hope this helps!
I gotta say y’all this is my best party trick for sure
I’ve never had any leftovers to put away after!!
I like to make 6 with turkey and Swiss, and 6 with ham and pepperjack for my boyfriend!!
Yum, those combinations sound delicious, Zoe!
I’ve made these for my granddaughter’s birthday parties two years in a row now, and people love them. I make half with deli ham and half with deli turkey. So delicious, and the perfect easy party food.
These were simple to put together and smelled great baking in the oven! I served at a potluck and it was a simple meal to prepare/serve.
That’s wonderful to hear Ginger! Glad they enjoyed it.
It was delicious and perfect 4 a party. The only thing I did was replace the poppy seeds and diced onions w/ Italian seasoning and added only half of the Worcestershire sauce and everybody loved it. Thanks for the wonderful dinner idea. Even the kids loved it.
These Ham and Cheese Sliders were delicious and super easy to make! They freeze very well also, making them available for a quick last-minute lunch or snack. I froze them in packages of two and either removed them from the freezer and put them in the fridge two days prior to consuming or defrosted them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on 50% power. Thanks for this super yummy recipe!
Yum! Thanks for sharing Paula!
You listed mustard as an ingredient on the recipe but I didn’t see it used in the video – is that optional? Thanks!
Hmm, you’re right, it seems to be missing in the video. I would recommend adding it as it adds great flavor.
I really enjoyed this recipe and my family did too! I used both ham and turkey lunch meats and to some of the adult sandwiches caramelized onions. Everybody loved them! Thank you!
Ham and Cheese slider receip is great.
Looking forward to seeing good recipes
Thanks Patty! Looking forward to sharing them with you.
Looking forward to recipes! Thank you!
You are very welcome! Glad you enjoy them.
I got the 24 pack and made these for a family of 5. Cheap and quick! The glaze that goes on top is genius!! Everyone wanted more. Delicious
That is awesome Macayla! We can’t get enough of that glaze either…delicious!
In you ingredients list you mention next to – 12 slices of ham *see note – where’s the NOTE?
Apologies for the confusion, the note should read: We use thinly sliced deli ham in this recipe (1 slice per sandwich). You can add more ham to make heartier sandwiches.
I’ve updated the recipe.
This was absolutely delicious! I made it for dinner tonight and my entire family loved it. The only change I made was using provolone. This will definitely become a staple.
So glad you loved it Genice!! <3
Love these little sandwiches! I use the store dinner rolls also and sometimes with seeds.