Ham and Cheese Sliders make a simple lunch, a great easy dinner, or the perfect snack for game day!
Sweet Hawaiian Rolls are filled with ham and cheese and topped with a delicious buttery glaze. It’s all baked together until warm and melty.
What’s better than the classic duo of ham and cheese?
Ingredients Ham and Cheese Sliders
These hot ham and cheese sliders are super easy to make.
Rolls – Hawaiian sweet rolls are perfect for these sliders. They’re really soft and fluffy with just a touch of sweetness. You can also use slider buns or dinner rolls.
Ham – You can use any type of ham, like black forest, honey ham, or thinly sliced leftover ham. Put 1 slice of ham per slider as a snack or two slices for a heartier ham slider. You can also use other deli meats like roast beef or turkey.
Cheese – Ham and swiss is a classic pairing but you can use any cheese you like. White cheddar, provolone, and mozzarella are all delicious!
Topping – This is where the magic happens! Mix melted butter with some seasonings and brush over the tops of the rolls.
If you don’t have minced onion, substitute a little bit of onion powder or garlic powder. You can replace the seasonings in the recipe with everything bagel seasoning.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Bake until they’re hot and the cheese is gooey melted and you’ve got the perfect bite!
- Cut the dinner rolls in half so you have a top and bottom (without separating them)
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and add the topping ingredients per the recipe below.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking pan, and top with ham and cheese.
- Brush the tops with the butter mixture and bake until golden and melty.
The topping adds a ton of flavor and you can easily modify it to your likes!
Tips for Great Ham Sliders
- For easier cutting, places a slice or two of folded ham on each roll instead of laying the slices across the sliders. It makes them easier to pull apart.
- To prepare ahead of time, prepare the sliders as directed without baking. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
Serving & Storage
Serve this ham and cheese sliders recipe as a snack alongside your favorite appetizers. They also make an easy weeknight dinner served with a side salad, roast potatoes or even soup.
Leftover sliders can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or wrap in foil and heat in the air fryer.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls or slider buns
- 12 slices deli ham *see note
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine 4 tablespoons melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried minced onion.
- Cut the rolls in half separating the top and bottom. If they are attached you don't need to separate each roll.
- Brush with the inside of the rolls remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place the bottom of the rolls in a baking dish. Layer a slice of folded ham on each roll and top with cheese slices.
- Place the top half of the rolls on the cheese and gently brush the butter mixture overtop.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.