Ham and Cheese Sliders are the ultimate snack for game day, lunch to feed a crowd or a favorite easy dinner recipe! Serve them alongside some buffalo wings with blue cheese dip and watch the whole crowd go wild!
What’s better than the classic duo of ham and cheese? My daughter doesn’t have an answer to that, these are her favorite!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
These hot ham and cheese sliders are super easy to make – all you need to do is layer some dinner rolls with ham, cheddar or swiss cheese, and top them with a grainy mustard – Worcestershire glaze. Bake until they’re hot and the cheese is gooey melted and you’ve got the perfect bite!
You can use any type of ham (I usually choose black forest) or slice leftover baked ham and any type of dinner rolls. King Hawaiian are my favorite rolls for this recipe, they’re soft and sweet and make the best Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders.
Ham and swiss is a classic pairing but I’ve used so many different cheeses in this slider recipe, all with great success! White cheddar, provolone, and mozzarella are all delicious!
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
To make these easy ham and cheese sliders:
- Slice the dinner rolls in half. If they are attached, don’t worry about separating them.
- Combine your topping ingredients and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking pan, top with ham and cheese.
- Brush the tops with the butter mixture and bake until golden.
The topping adds a ton of flavor and you can easily modify it to your likes! Make these ham and cheese sliders with garlic powder or Italian seasoning. You can make it without poppy seeds or dijon mustard if you prefer and add a pinch of horse radish or even brown sugar.
While many recipes have you lay the ham slices across the rolls, this can make them difficult to cut/serve. Just like with my Reuben Sandwich Sliders, place a slice of folded ham on each roll. Once baked you can simply pull a roll from the pan.
These sliders are perfect if you’re serving a crowd. You can make them all at once (and they can be made ahead of time)! Simply prepare as directed, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
What to Serve With Ham and Cheese Sliders
As a meal
- These easy Hawaiian Ham and Cheese sliders are great for lunch and dinner. We like to add something crisp and fresh to pair with them.
As an Appetizer
- We love serving these during game day, so we often serve them with a bunch of our other game day favorites.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls
- 12 slices ham *see note
- 8 ounces swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine 4 tablespoons butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion.
- Cut the rolls in half separating the top and bottom. (If they are attached you don't need to separate each roll). Brush with the inside of the rolls remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place the bottom in a baking pan. Layer a slice of folded ham on each roll and top with the cheese.
- Top with the other half of the roll and gently spoon the butter mixture overtop.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!