Perfect every single time, this is the best zucchini bread we’ve ever had! It is very moist with a delicious cinnamon flavor (and a handful of nuts if you’d like)!
The zucchini in this loaf keeps the bread moist and light while adding the perfect texture! Much like a Banana Bread, this quick bread is even better on day 2!
Zucchini Makes Baking Moist
Zucchini has a lot of water which releases during baking to keep your baking extra moist. Don’t worry, you can’t taste the zucchini in this recipe!
This zucchini bread recipe makes two loaves, so it’s perfect to make one to enjoy and one to give away (or freeze for later if you want the second zucchini loaf to yourself).
How to Prepare Zucchini for Bread
Most recipes call for grated zucchini, which is as simple as grabbing a cheese grater and getting to work!
To Peel or Not to Peel?
It is not necessary to peel zucchini when you’re making a zucchini loaf. Zucchini skin is thin and softens while baking and it is not noticeable in flavor or texture in the loaf. Plus, a big portion of the vitamins and minerals are found in the peel.
To Grate Zucchini for Bread
Be sure to grate the zucchini to add to your bread with a cheese grater (and not dice or chop it) so there are shreds of moisture in every bite! Use the larger side of a square cheese grater to shred your zucchini. Do not squeeze the zucchini dry.
How to Make Zucchini Bread
Like most quick bread recipes, this is easy to make and requires just a few minutes of preparation. I like to line my pans with parchment paper to make the bread extra easy to remove.
- Prep Wet & Dry Ingredients. Combine wet & dry ingredients in separate bowls (per recipe below).
- Combine. Stir wet and dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake. Pour into prepared pans and bake.
To Freeze or Store
Keep zucchini bread on the counter for up to 2 days. It’s very moist so if you’ll be keeping it longer you’ll want to freeze it.
Freezer: Like most breads, you can freeze zucchini bread. Be sure to cool completely first. Freezing it in slices makes it easy to thaw just as much as you’d like to eat.
More Zucchini Favorites
- Easy Baked Zucchini – Popular
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Brownies with 1 Minute Frosting – Chocolate fix fave!
- Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Easy dinner!
- Grilled Zucchini – Quick side.
- Crispy Zucchini Fries (oven baked) – fave summer snack.
The Best Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare two medium loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the zucchini, oil, and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Add the walnuts and mix till just combined.
- Divide evenly into two medium loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)