Zucchini Bread is hands down one of the best quick breads I’ve ever made. Crazy moist, a perfect crumb and deliciously cinnamony, this is going to be your new favorite too!
The zucchini plays an integral role in keeping the bread moist and light while adding the perfect texture! Much like a Banana Bread, this easy zucchini bread is moist and tender and even better on day 2!
Zucchini Makes Baking Moist
I love baking with zucchini. From Zucchini Brownies to Pumpkin Zucchini Bread, it always manages to bring baked goods to the next level. Zucchini not only has a ton of health benefits, but it is composed largely of water which release during baking to keep your baking extra moist. You can’t taste any zucchini in this recipe but you get the most delicious bread!
This zucchini bread recipe makes two loaves, so it’s perfect to make one to enjoy and one to give away (or freeze for later if you want the second zucchini loaf to yourself).
How to Prepare Zucchini for Bread
Zucchini is an amazing addition to all of your baking from breads and cakes to Lemon Zucchini Cupcakes and of course this zucchini bread. Most recipes call for grated zucchini, which is as simple as grabbing a grater and getting to work!
It is not necessary to peel zucchini when you’re making a zucchini bread. Zucchini skin is thin and softens while baking. You (or your kids) won’t even notice it! Plus, a big portion of the vitamins and minerals are found in the peel.
How to Grate Zucchini for Bread
You’ll definitely want to grate the zucchini to add to your bread (and not dice or chop it). You want those delicious shreds of moisture in every morsel of this zucchini bread! Use the larger side of a square cheese grater to shred your zucchini.
Some zucchinis are naturally very watery. If you notice that yours has a large amount of moisture, place it in a paper towel lined mixing bowl and press the top with additional paper towel to absorb some of it (for the most part, this won’t be the case).
How to Make Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread is easy to make and like most quick breads, requires just a few minutes of preparation.
- Line loaf pans with parchment paper (or grease and flour well).
- Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake.
Can you Freeze Zucchini Bread
Yes! Like most breads, zucchini bread freezes well. Make sure the bread has cooled completely before throwing it in the freezer though. Make sure you defrost and enjoy the zucchini bread within 6 months of freezing it!
More Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Baked Zucchini – Popular recipe!
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Brownies with 1 Minute Frosting – Chocolate fix fave!
- Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Easy dinner!
- Grilled Zucchini – Quick side.
- Crispy Zucchini Fries (oven baked) – fave summer snack.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare two medium loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, vanilla and zucchini and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Add the walnuts and mix till just combined.
- Divide evenly into two medium loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.