Linguine Carbonara! This delicious meal is perfect for a busy weeknight… it takes only 15 minutes start to finish and the whole family loves it!
REPIN IT to your dinner board to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
If you’ve never had carbonara before, it’s such a deliciously rich and creamy pasta… and SO easy to make! Typically carbonara contains Italian style bacon such as pancetta however, my kids love it with diced ham so that’s how I usually make it… the perfect way to use leftover ham!
The best part about this delicious creamy dish is that it’s on the table in less than 15 minutes start to finish! The sauce doesn’t require cooking and if you use fresh linguine it usually takes about 3-4 minutes to cook making this the perfect weeknight meal!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 lb . fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion , finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley , chopped
- pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and cook ham, garlic and onions over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add wine and let reduce until almost evaporated.
- Stir together egg yolks, eggs and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Cook pasta & peas together in a large pot of salted water just until pasta is al dente. Drain pasta ensuring that you reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Immediately toss pasta with the egg mixture and ham (you must do this right away to ensure the hot pasta cooks the egg). Add reserved cooking liquid a little at a time to get desired consistency (I usually use about 3/4 cup). Stir in parsley and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)