This recipe collection has 40 of our favorite bell pepper recipes all in one place! We love them stuffed, chopped, grilled, and stir-fried and so will you!
Bell peppers are delicious, easy to prep, and add lots of flavor to any meal.
Got a pile of bell peppers and not sure what to do with them?!
Look no further! Below are our favorite bell pepper recipes, there’s something for everyone! These dishes are all relatively easy to make and most importantly, jam-packed with flavor. With everything from fresh and healthy to ooey-gooey-cheesy, you’ll find a new favorite below. Let’s get cooking!
Five Star Favorites
These 5 bell pepper recipes are ones that you’ll return to over and over again. They’re tried, tested, and well loved by everyone.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers. Stuffed peppers filled with a zesty meat and rice filling (ground beef and sausage, but use any ground meat works). Top them with a zesty tomato sauce and a sprinkle of cheese and bake until bubbly.
- Easy Chicken Fajitas. This is one of our all-time favorite dinners, great in tortillas or even over a salad. Tender chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions in an easy homemade seasoning.
- Chicken Cacciatore. This is an Italian favorite with flavorful chicken and lots of veggies in a zesty tomato sauce. Serve with your favorite pasta.
- The Best Chili Recipe. We honestly think this is the best. It’s chock full of beef and beans and it’s easy to make with lots of great flavor!
- Taco Stuffed Pepper Casserole. A reader favorite, this dish is easy but full of flavor. Instant rice (or minute rice) makes it quick!
One Pan Wonders
Lots of flavor, little clean up. Bell peppers shine in these recipes and all of them need just one pot or pan!
- Sausage and Peppers. Simple prep, one skillet, and lots of flavor! Serve these on their own, with rice or even tucked into sub buns.
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables. This sheet pan dinner is effortless. Chicken, potatoes, and peppers are roasted together for a complete meal with little effort.
- Oven Fajitas. A family-pleasing kind of meal that can be tucked into tortillas and served with a variety of toppings. Both fun and delicious!
- Sheet Pan Sausage & Potatoes. This recipe uses smoked sausage (any kind!) making the prep absolutely effortless. Simply slice, dice and roast.
Cozy Casseroles with Bell Peppers
Casseroles are great because they can be made ahead of time and reheat well. The following bell pepper casserole recipes are some of our favorites!
- Unstuffed Peppers. This quick casserole has a quick prep time. All of our fave stuffed pepper flavors in a zesty casserole, topped with a generous portion of cheese of course!
- Taco Stuffed Peppers. Colorful bell peppers are filled with a zesty seasoned beef and rice filling, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly.
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole. This is an easy, one pot casserole with lots of bell peppers, ground beef, and tomato sauce.
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. This casserole is a hearty layered version of chicken enchiladas. A creamy chicken and bell pepper mixture, layers of tortillas & lots of enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole. A taco twist on a classic tater tot recipe. Top this dish with your favorite taco fixin’s for the perfect family meal.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers. Tender peppers with a beef and rice filling.
Savory Bell Pepper Soup Recipes
From rich and creamy to fresh and flavorful, bell peppers add great flavor to soups and stews.
- Philly Cheesesteak Soup. Steak, bell peppers, and mushrooms cooked in a rich, creamy cheesy broth.
- Homemade Tomato Soup (Fresh Tomatoes). Reader favorite! Fresh tomatoes and bell peppers are roasted to make the perfect bowl of soup.
- Stuffed Pepper Soup. Sausage, beef, peppers, and rice in a zesty tomato broth.
- Taco Soup Recipe. The easiest 30-minute meal you’ll ever make (5-star recipe).
- Easy Fresh Gazpacho. A refreshing chilled tomato soup packed with veggies.
Perfect Bell Pepper Pasta Recipes
We love these flavor that bell peppers add to pasta recipes, we especially love them with tomato or tomato cream sauces!
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta – A creamy fajita sauce is tossed with bell peppers, seasoned chicken, and pasta for a quick weeknight meal.
- Quick and Easy Sausage Pasta – A quick weeknight meal, ready in about 25 minutes.
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta – Pasta with shrimp, peppers, onions, and lots of cajun seasoning in a quick tomato cream sauce.
- Pappardelle with Italian Sausage – A fresh and flavorful meat sauce with both sweet bell peppers and both fresh and canned tomatoes.
- Lasagna Soup – Rich and flavorful with all of our favorite lasagna ingredients and lots of cheese.
Skillets and Stir Fries
Bell peppers not only add great color and flavor to these recipes, but they cook quickly making them an easy addition to many recipes.
- Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry – A 30 minute meal we love!
- Pork Stir Fry – Tender pork and veggies in a flavorful pineapple sauce.
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas – Shrimp and peppers in a zesty fajita seasoning. This is great in tortillas or on top of salads.
- Easy Pepper Steak – Tender strips of beef and bell peppers in a ginger garlic sauce.
- Sweet and Sour Pork – Tender pork in a pineapple sweet and sour sauce.
- Creamy Shrimp Curry – Tender shrimp and vegetables in an easy coconut curry sauce.
Slow Cooker Favorites
Set it and forget it, these are the perfect pepper recipes to prep in the morning and come home to after a long day.
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers – a classic bell pepper recipe made easy in the slow cooker.
- Crock Pot Taco Soup – Extra quick prep with lots of flavor. Ground beef, beans, and veggies.
- 15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili – Hearty, healthy, and no soaking required.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore – Tender chicken in a thick zesty tomato sauce.
- Instant Pot Chili – A quick and easy favorite, great for game day for family dinners. This recipe freezes well.
From the Grill
Bell peppers are perfect on the grill, added to skewers or even grilled on their own as a side dish!
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas – Personal favorite! An easy meal made on the grill.
- Easy Beef Kabobs. These are an easy summer meal that can be prepped ahead of time. Beef is marinated and grilled with peppers and onions.
- Grilled Marinated Vegetable Kabobs – Fresh colorful veggies in a flavorful marinade are grilled for the perfect summer side dish!
- Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets – Pictured above, add your favorite Tex Mex ingredients. Easy prep and easy clean-up!
- Grilled Steak Fajitas – A zesty lime-marinated steak is grilled with bell peppers and tucked into soft tortillas.
- Fajita Turkey Burgers – A low carb burger with bell peppers and a flavorful southwestern sauce.