These Grilled Steak Fajitas are a delicious summer meal made easy on the barbecue. Flank steak is marinated in a savory fajita sauce and served with sautéed peppers and onions in soft tortillas.
Fresh, easy and delicious, these flank steak fajitas are a fun dinner any time of year!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, all opinions expressed are my own.
Steak Fajitas are a great recipe to feed a crowd and loaded with flavor! They’re easy to make and fun to share with a collection of our favorite toppers like Homemade Salsa, sliced jalapenos and cheese!
Like many of you, I’m obsessed with spicy foods including toppers for fajitas (I could literally eat Queso Dip by the bucket full). Unfortunately, along with spicy foods (and summer grilling) comes heartburn. No fun for anyone. I’m not alone; Omeprazole ODT commissioned the “Prevent the Summer Burn” survey of 1,029 American heartburn sufferers and found that 42 percent categorize summer as the worst time for heartburn (and more than half of sufferers claim that outdoor barbecues worsens their heartburn).
I can assure you that I don’t let heartburn stop me from indulging in my summer favorites (like patio parties filled with barbecue ribs and of course steak fajitas)!
Always talk to your doctor or a licensed professional before taking a new medication.
We’re always on the go at this time of year. For me, the best part of summer is time spent having BBQs with our friends and neighbors (and drinking mojitos on the deck). Like 1/3 of sufferers, I find that heartburn can keep me from enjoying summer favorites (both foods and activities)! Being proactive and taking Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets (also referred to as ODT) daily helps keep heartburn at bay.
ODT can provide affordable relief to those of us that suffer from heartburn two or more days/week, and you can grab it at Walmart (or other retailers) while you’re grabbing your groceries! Find Omeprazole ODT at a retailer near you. If you’re like me, it’s not always easy to remember to take medication on time. Having tablets that can easily dissolve on the tongue means I can keep a stash in my purse and discreetly take them any time and any place (without water). Perfect for someone like me who is on the go all of the time!
Relief can come in as little as 24 hours. (It can take up to 1-4 days for full effect and is not for immediate relief). They’re so convenient, simply place the strawberry-flavored tablet on your tongue and let it dissolve (they’re the same small size shown on the box). Being able to take heartburn medication easily and discreetly makes summers easier and definitely more enjoyable… and allows me to enjoy my favorite summer foods like these steak fajitas!
Use Omeprazole ODT as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take it for more than 14 days or more frequently than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor.
Best Steak For Fajitas
The steak we use for beef fajitas is usually flank steak or skirt steak. I love skirt steak, however our store doesn’t always have it so I more commonly use flank steak.
The key to making the best fajitas is leaving time for the beef to marinate. Not only does it add flavor, but the acidity of lime juice can help break down the proteins in the steak, resulting in tender fajita meat. We marinate at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
If you’re using a more tender cut of beef (such as ribeye) you’ll want to reduce your marinating time to about 30 minutes.
How To Make Steak Fajitas
To make these steak fajitas:
- Marinate: Marinate the flank steak in the fajita marinade ingredients for 4-8 hours.
- Grill: Grill steak to medium rare (135-140°F) or to desired temperature. Remember let the steak rest at least 10 minutes before slicing to keep it extra juicy (while you cook the peppers/onions).
- Saute: Saute the onions for a few minutes over medium heat. Add peppers and spices, then saute an additional 3-5 minutes or until they’re tender crisp
Once rested, it’s important to cut the flank steak across the grain. You will see the direction of long fibers running down the steak, you want to be sure to cut across the fibers to ensure tender meat.
Toppings For Steak Fajitas
When making steak fajitas, we put out an array of toppings to enjoy and let everyone dress them up the way they like! Place your steak slices and a spoonful of peppers & onions in soft tortillas and top with desired toppings: .
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream and Salsa
- Tomatoes and fresh sliced jalapenos
- Mango Salsa
- Hot sauce
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Chicken Fajitas – family favorite!
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas – one pan
- Oven Fajitas – super easy
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe – great addition to fajitas!
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas – so flavorful
Grilled Steak Fajitas
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak or skirt steak
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded & sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded & sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas 8"
- toppings as desired
- Combine beef, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the steak 7-9 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or to reach desired doneness. Rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle onions and peppers with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to a pan and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add sliced peppers and cook and additional 3-5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Slice steak across the grain. Fill warmed tortillas with steak, peppers and desired toppings.
Taking Omeprazole ODT is simple, 1 dose every 24 hours for 14 days. Do not take Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets for more than 14 days and do not exceed more than every four months unless directed to do so by your Physician.I am excited to have partnered with Mirum to bring you this belly warming recipe. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!