Chicken Fajita Pasta is one meal your family won’t want to miss. A creamy fajita sauce is tossed with bell peppers, seasoned chicken, and pasta for a delicious, filling and a quick weeknight meal.
What’s In Fajita Pasta?
Pasta of course and all of the flavors of our favorite fajita recipe!
- Seasoning: I use homemade seasoning but you can use store bought or even use taco seasoning in a pinch.
- Fajita Veggies: We use a combination of bell peppers for color; red, green, yellow and orange can be used interchangeably.
- Meat: I love chicken fajitas so I’ve used chicken breast in this recipe but it’s great with shrimp or even leftover steak!
- Pasta Sauce: A little bit of cream (I use half and half), a sprinkle of cilantro and of course, lots of cheese!
- Pasta: Any medium pasta will do. I’ve used penne but other great choices include rotini or cavatappi (corkscrew pasta).
To Make Fajita Pasta
Just a few easy steps are all it takes to pull this meal together in minutes.
- Cook the pasta al dente and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the seasoned chicken and then add the sliced veggies (see recipe below).
- Stir in the cream and cheese and toss with pasta to serve.
What to do with Leftovers
Chicken fajita pasta can be stored in the fridge for a quick lunch or supper. Or frozen for an easy weeknight dinner!
- To refrigerate, cool then place in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- To freeze, cool then store in freezer containers, leaving an inch of headspace for expansion. It can be stored in the freezer for up to four months.
- To reheat, take directly from freezer and place in microwave on a low setting on short cooking cycles, gently stirring between cycles until it is hot through and through.
More Fajita Favorites
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Oven Fajitas
Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless) 1/2 inch diced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half and half (or cream)
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 8 ounces pasta cooked al dente
- Combine chicken breast and fajita seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 7 minutes or until almost fully cooked.
- Add in the peppers and the onion. Cook until the chicken is completely cooked and peppers and onion are slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Pour in the half and half and the shredded cheese, stir to combine until slightly thickened.
- Add cilantro and cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- If not thick and creamy continue to cook until it reaches desired consistency.