Chicken Fajita Pasta is one meal your family won’t want to miss. A creamy fajita sauce is tossed with bell peppers, seasoned chicken, and pasta for a delicious, filling and a quick weeknight meal.
What’s In Fajita Pasta?
Pasta of course and all of the flavors of our favorite fajita recipe!
- Seasoning: I use homemade seasoning but you can use store bought or even use taco seasoning in a pinch.
- Fajita Veggies: We use a combination of bell peppers for color; red, green, yellow and orange can be used interchangeably.
- Meat: I love chicken fajitas so I’ve used chicken breast in this recipe but it’s great with shrimp or even leftover steak!
- Pasta Sauce: A little bit of cream (I use half and half), a sprinkle of cilantro and of course, lots of cheese!
- Pasta: Any medium pasta will do. I’ve used penne but other great choices include rotini or cavatappi (corkscrew pasta).
To Make Fajita Pasta
Just a few easy steps are all it takes to pull this meal together in minutes.
- Cook the pasta al dente and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the seasoned chicken and then add the sliced veggies (see recipe below).
- Stir in the cream and cheese and toss with pasta to serve.
What to do with Leftovers
Chicken fajita pasta can be stored in the fridge for a quick lunch or supper. Or frozen for an easy weeknight dinner!
- To refrigerate, cool then place in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- To freeze, cool then store in freezer containers, leaving an inch of headspace for expansion. It can be stored in the freezer for up to four months.
- To reheat, take directly from freezer and place in microwave on a low setting on short cooking cycles, gently stirring between cycles until it is hot through and through.
More Fajita Favorites
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Oven Fajitas
Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless) 1/2 inch diced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half and half (or cream)
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 8 ounces pasta cooked al dente
Combine chicken breast and fajita seasoning in a medium bowl.
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 7 minutes or until almost fully cooked.
Add in the peppers and the onion. Cook until the chicken is completely cooked and peppers and onion are slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Pour in the half and half and the shredded cheese, stir to combine until slightly thickened.
Add cilantro and cooked pasta and stir to combine.
If not thick and creamy continue to cook until it reaches desired consistency.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)