Taco Soup is an easy 30 minute meal that is jam-packed with flavor!
This soup recipe is fully loaded with ground beef, beans, veggies, and of course taco seasoning. Simply simmer and enjoy!
Favorite Soup Recipe
This easy Taco Soup Recipe combines two of my favorite things; ground beef tacos and belly-warming soup! Ground beef is an inexpensive and delicious protein for soups from Easy Hamburger Soup to Cabbage Roll Soup.
Ingredients & Variations
- Ground Beef: I prefer to use lean ground beef, simply brown and drain any fat. You can substitute ground turkey or ground or chopped chicken.
- Vegetables: Add any veggies you have on hand. Peppers, mushrooms, zucchini… the sky’s the limit.
- Beans: I use canned beans to eliminate the rehydration step. Drain well and rinse before adding. Black or kidney beans can be used in this recipe.
- Spices: Homemade taco seasoning is a favorite for this recipe but store-bought works as well. If you’d like it spicy, add in a dash of cayenne pepper or extra jalapenos.
How to Make Taco Soup
This Taco Soup recipe is made on the stovetop and cooks in about 15 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal (and a great way to use up leftover taco meat)!
- Brown ground beef with onion and drain off extra fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
What to Serve With Taco Soup?
Taco Soup can be served with a bun or a slice of bread, tortilla chips and cheese.
If your taco soup is more of an appetizer or the first course for a dinner party, it is perfect served before Chicken Fajitas or Shrimp Fajitas! And don’t forget to include a delicious dessert-like Apple Pie Tacos!
Set out a tray of toppings for everyone to garnish their own bowls! Some of my favorite toppings are:
- Green onion
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Fresh tomatoes
- Salsa, Sour Cream and Guacamole
FRIDGE: Taco soup will last a few days in the fridge. If you plan to keep it longer than that, this soup freezes perfectly!
FREEZER: I love to freeze it in individual portions so I can take one out for lunch or several out for a family meal!
More Taco Inspired Recipes You’ll Love
- Beef Taco Casserole – Easy family meal!
- Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – Great for potlucks.
- Easy Taco Chicken Soup
- Chicken Street Tacos
- Dorito Taco Salad – Reader favorite!
Did you enjoy this Taco Soup? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion
- 16 ounces pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces green chile peppers
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup green pepper or ½ small green pepper
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- In a large pot, brown ground beef with onion till no pink remains. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer for 15-20 minutes.