This easy Corn Casserole is one of our favorite side dishes. Prep is extra fast using a cornbread mix and stirring in creamed corn, fresh herbs, and butter then baked until golden.
Serve this side dish at any holiday table or really any day you just want some good ol’ comfort food.
This recipe has been around pretty much forever.
- Jiffy cornbread muffin mix is the perfect base for a fluffy easy corn casserole. You’ll need an 8.5oz box for this recipe.
- Butter Butter makes everything better and sour cream is added for richness.
- Corn and creamed corn for texture and sweetness.
- Eggs help hold it all together.
There are lots of different variations of this recipe and lots of great add-ins including onions, different cheeses, and even jalapenos!
If you haven’t had corn casserole before, you are going to love it. Corn Pudding is similar but has a more custard type texture while this corn casserole is a bit more similar to cornbread in texture but softer.
To Make Ahead
This recipe can be made ahead of time and baked. Cool completely and then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
To reheat if baked ahead of time, allow the casserole to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
TO FREEZE bake the casserole as direct and cool completely. Wrap tightly and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and warm in the oven before serving.
How To Make Corn Casserole (overview)
Corn casserole is probably the easiest dish you are going to whip up.
- Mix the ingredients (per the recipe below)
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Bake it for about 45-55 minutes (it bakes perfectly in the toaster oven too).
I like to add a little butter on top as it comes out of the oven, and some parsley for added color.
Add in your favorites including
To Cook in a Crock Pot (or Slow Cooker)
The cooking time can vary slightly but 2-3 hours on high should work. Once it is cooked, just unplug the slow cooker or set it to warm.
More Holiday Sides
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion or jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, optional
- crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and spread into the casserole dish.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)