This easy Corn Casserole is one of our favorite Thanksgiving side dishes. Prep is extra fast using Jiffy cornbread mix, creamed corn, and of course, butter.
Serve this side dish at any holiday table or really any day you just want some good ol’ comfort food.
A Perfect Thanksgiving Side Dish
If you haven’t had cream corn casserole before, it’s a must try.
- Just a handful of ingredients
- 5 minutes prep (and just one bowl)!
- Can be made ahead of time
- Doubles well
Corn Casserole vs. Corn Pudding
This dish is a cozy side and great served with Thanksgiving dinner or with a chicken dinner or even pork chops.
Ingredients for Corn Casserole
This easy corn casserole recipe has been around pretty much forever. While jiffy corn casserole ingredients can vary, this recipe is really one of our favorite side dishes.
- Cornbread Muffin Mix – A box of Jiffy corn muffin mix is the perfect base for a fluffy easy corn casserole. You’ll need an 8.5oz box for this recipe. (This contains both flour and cornmeal making the dish quick and easy!).
- Butter – Butter makes everything better and sour cream is added for richness. Be sure to melt butter before adding.
- Corn – Cream-style corn adds sweetness while whole kernel corn add texture. Canned, fresh or frozen corn kernels will work.
- Eggs – The addition of eggs helps hold it all together.
Optional Add Ins
There are lots of different variations, try adding any of the following:
- Onions (or green onions)
- Cheddar cheese or another flavor of cheese
- Fresh herbs
How To Make Corn Casserole (overview)
Corn casserole is probably the easiest dish you are going to whip up.
- Whisk the ingredients in a medium bowl (per the recipe below)
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake it for about 45-55 minutes or until golden brown (it bakes perfectly in the toaster oven too).
I like to add a little butter on top as it comes out of the oven, and some parsley for added color.
To Cook in a Crock Pot (or Slow Cooker)
The cooking time can vary slightly but 2-3 hours on high should work. Once it is cooked, just unplug the slow cooker or set it to warm.
To Make Ahead
This corn casserole really is the perfect side dish, it can be made ahead of time and heated just before serving.
Make Ahead – To make ahead, baked as directed and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Reheat Before Serving – To reheat, allow the casserole dish to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
To Freeze – Bake the casserole as direct and cool completely. Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and warm in the oven before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Holiday Sides
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Bacon Green Bean Casserole
Did you enjoy this Corn Casserole? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Easy Corn Casserole
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8.5 oz package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen, drained and thawed
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and spread into the casserole dish.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 tablespoons minced onion, green onion, or Jalapeno.
- Crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)