Stuffed Pepper Soup is an inexpensive and delicious soup that will warm your belly from the inside out. Tender sausage and ground beef are simmered in beef broth with peppers, and tomatoes. Add in your rice and serve it hot!
This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is a family favorite (along with cabbage roll soup) and it reheats beautifully!
I love the combination of beef and rice in soups, Cabbage Rolls and even in side dishes like Dirty Rice! We often make Stuffed Peppers because we love the flavors but as the weather turns cooler I tend to make a lot of soup recipes!
This easy Stuffed Pepper Soup is quick to make (and less prep work than traditional stuffed peppers) but still has tons of flavor! While many stuffed bell pepper recipes use only ground beef, I find the addition of sausage adds a lot of great flavor. Of course this recipe is perfect made with just ground beef (or even ground turkey if you’d prefer).
I use red and green peppers but you can use whatever you have on hand. Red, yellow and orange peppers tend to be sweeter while a green peppers are a bit more zesty. If you prefer a Spicy Stuffed Pepper Soup, add in a minced jalapeno pepper with the bell peppers.
One of the things I like best is that this homemade stuffed pepper soup can be made with any leftover ingredients you might have on hand! Leftover rice, ground beef, ground sausage, leftover burgers or meatloaf or peppers that you need to use up can save you time (and money)!
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed pepper soup only takes about 35 minutes and can be made in just one pot with only a few minutes of prep!
- Brown beef, onions, and garlic in a large pot. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice and parsley and heat about 5 minutes.
See? It’s seriously that simple!
You can make stuffed pepper soup in the crock pot if you want to cook it while you’re out and about. Adjust your cooking times to 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Add the cooked rice for the last 20-30 minutes.
Stuffed pepper soup can be made in batches and frozen, it reheats really well. I love freezing it in individual servings and enjoying it when the weather cools down!
Stuffed pepper soup is similar to my Hamburger soup recipe, in that it is tomato and beef based, and packed full of veggies! I use beef and sausage but feel free to use ground turkey or turkey sausage for leaner options. If you’d like a low carb stuffed pepper soup, swap out the rice for cauliflower rice. This stuffed green pepper soup only has around 250 calories per serving, making great choice for lunch or dinner!
More Bell Pepper Recipes You’ll Love
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers – Family favorite!
- Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers – Make ahead!
- Easy Chicken Fajitas – Extra fast!
- Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Italian Sausage Linguine – Comfort food
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 can 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 can 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked long grain white or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Cook beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a large pot until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Simmer uncovered 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add rice and parsley and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)