Crock Pot taco soup is so easy it practically cooks itself!
Ground beef, some canned tomatoes, broth, beans, a few veggies, and seasonings! It’s perfect for those busy, chilly nights when everyone’s ready for a healthy and filling soup! Who doesn’t love the “set it and forget it” magic of the slow cooker?
Crock Pot Taco Soup
We frequently make taco soup but we love this slow cooker version!
I love being able to put it in the slow cooker and go about my day until we’re ready to eat.
Like most crock pot soup recipes, the flavors have lots of time to blend for a delicious meal.
It’s also a great way to use up leftover ground beef, chicken, or turkey (and even leftover veggies).
MAIN INGREDIENTS Meat, canned pinto beans (black beans work too), tomatoes, and veggies are all you need for crockpot taco soup!
EXTRAS Some extras that add flavor and texture are sliced black olives, diced avocados, even small diced potatoes will add oomph to this already amazing recipe!
Don’t forget to top with cheese, salsa, sour cream, and sliced green onions! Crumble corn chips on top, or scoop up servings with flour tortillas or tortilla chips! So many options!
How to Make Crock Pot Taco Soup
Crockpot Taco Soup is so easy to make it will be ready in 1-2-3!
- Brown meat, onion, and garlic. Drain and place in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and slow cook for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve when vegetables are tender with desired garnishes.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator and they will last for about a week.
- To freeze taco soup, make sure it is completely chilled and ladle into individual, quart-sized zippered bags or gallon-sized bags. Lay them flat in the freezer and when they are completely frozen, store them upright to save freezer space. Easy peasy!
So Many Savory Soups!
- Crock Pot Italian Bean Soup – hearty & filling
- Sausage & Kale Soup – a 30-minute meal
- 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup – a reader favorite
- Mushroom Barley Soup – loaded with fresh veggies
- Creamy Corn Soup – use fresh, frozen, or canned corn
Did your family love this Crock Pot Taco Soup? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes 10 ounces each (do not drain)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 bell peppers diced red/yellow/green
- 4 ounces green chile peppers with juices
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sour cream, green onion, and cheddar cheese for serving optional
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Place beef mixture in a 6qt slow cooker with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours or until veggies are tender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Beef can be replaced with chicken. Add raw chicken breasts with remaining ingredients and cook on high 7-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken, shred and return to the soup.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)