Taco Stuffed Peppers make an incredible dinner any night of the week. Tender and colorful bell peppers are filled with a seasoned beef and rice filling and enchilada sauce. Add a sprinkle of cheese and bake until perfectly golden.
Serve these easy peppers with your favorite Mexican or Tex Mex style side dishes… fresh corn tortillas, homemade salsa and a big scoop of guacamole!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
My family loves making classic stuffed peppers or even unstuffed peppers for dinner! This recipe is one of those dishes that draws your family to the table! They are filling, absolutely delicious and they can be prepared ahead of time.
This recipe puts a southwestern spin on a classic stuffed peppers recipe, creating a new family favorite! These stuffed peppers aren’t Mexican at all but are seasoned with a simple spice blend and lots of enchilada sauce for flavors reminiscent of my favorite Mexican-inspired meals.
It’s a satisfying meal that everyone will enjoy.
Tips for Stuffed Peppers
- Stuffed peppers can be prepared ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If preparing ahead of time, be sure to let the beef mixture cool before filling the peppers. You may need to add 5-10 minutes to the bake time if these are refrigerated prior to baking.
- If you’re watching carbs or calories, Cauliflower Rice. You can also replace the cheese with a lighter version. If you’ve never had cauliflower rice before, you have to try it! It’s easy to make, delicious, and a great substitute for white rice!
Taco Night Stuffed Peppers!
These taco stuffed peppers with ground beef are a great option for a Taco night. Adding lettuce, onion, tomato and other toppings like sour cream offer even more fresh and delicious flavors to this dish!
We love serving these peppers with jalapeno cornbread muffins, filled with a little surprise!
More Taco Inspired Dishes You’ll Love
- Beef Taco Pasta Skillet – Delicious!
- 5 Minute Taco Dip
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe -Healthy & quick!
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells – Kid Approved!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos (Pressure Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – a family favorite
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and seed bell peppers and cut in half from top to bottom. Place in a greased 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain any fat. Stir in chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes, ⅔ cup of the enchilada sauce. Let simmer 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in cooked rice.
- Divide beef mixture into the pepper halves. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.