Mexican Stuffed Peppers make an incredible dinner any night of the week. Tender and colorful bell peppers are filled with a deliciously seasoned beef and rice filling. Add a sprinkle of cheese and bake until perfectly golden.
Serve these easy peppers with your Mexican favorites… fresh corn tortillas, homemade salsa and a big scoop of guacamole!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
My family loves making classic stuffed peppers or even unstuffed peppers for dinner! This Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is one of those dishes that just draws your family to the table! As the dish is cooking, the kids start to drift into the kitchen, mouths begin to water, and dinner is eagerly awaited! The wonderful aroma of stuffed peppers with ground beef, rice and cheese cooking is irresistible! They are filling, absolutely delicious and they can be prepared ahead of time.
This recipe puts a scrumptious southwestern spin on a classic stuffed peppers recipe, creating a new family favorite! While these stuffed peppers aren’t ‘technically’ Mexican, adding Mexican-inspired spices in this recipe enhances a tried a trusted recipe for a satisfying meal that everyone will enjoy. We love serving these peppers with jalapeno cornbread muffins, filled with a little surprise!
Tips for Stuffed Peppers
- Stuffed peppers can be prepared ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If preparing ahead of time, be sure to let the beef mixture cool before filling the peppers. You may need to add 5-10 minutes to the bake time if these are refrigerated prior to baking.
- If you’re watching carbs or calories, Cauliflower Rice. You can also replace the cheese with a lighter version. If you’ve never had cauliflower rice before, you have to try it! It’s easy to make, delicious, and a great substitute for white rice!
Taco Night Stuffed Peppers!
These Mexican Stuffed Peppers with ground beef are a great option for a Taco night. Adding lettuce, onion, tomato and other toppings like sour cream offer even more fresh and delicious flavors to this dish!
More Taco Inspired Dishes You’ll Love
- Beef Taco Pasta Skillet – Delicious!
- 5 Minute Taco Dip
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe -Healthy & quick!
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells – Kid Approved!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos (Pressure Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – a family favorite
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and seed bell peppers and cut in half from top to bottom. Place in a greased 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain any fat. Stir in chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes, ⅔ cup of the enchilada sauce. Let simmer 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in cooked rice.
- Divide beef mixture into the pepper halves. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!