Grilled Chicken Fajitas! A homemade fajita marinade makes deliciously tender chicken! Serve with grilled peppers and onions for a quick, healthy meal!
I absolutely love fajitas along with everything and anything that has a Mexican flair! These delicious chicken fajitas are made on the grill, so they’re quick and perfect for a busy weeknight or a hot summer evening! (This recipe works great for beef or steak fajitas too)! We load them up with cheese, sour cream, lettuce and jalapeños!
I find that cutting the peppers into quarters makes them easy to grill and they won’t slip through. Once they’re done, I cut them into strips. For the onion, I cut strips while leaving the root intact and grill it that way. It cooks through beautifully and there are no little pieces slipping through the grill.
Items You’ll Need For Grilled Chicken Fajitas
* Grill * Peppers * Chicken *
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- small tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers , sliced (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1/2 white onion , sliced (see note)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour remaining 1/2 of the marinade over the vegetables and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook chicken and vegetables until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains (165 degrees) and veggies are lightly charred. Cut chicken into 1/2" slices.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Fill tortiallas with chicken, grilled peppers and desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love