The perfect side dish for any grilling!! Love these yummy skewers! You can use any veggies you like… and sometimes I even add in fruit like pineapple for my kids! If you use veggies that take a longer time to cook such as potatoes or cauliflower, you can precook them before marinating.
While it’s ideal to marinate these for a long time, they still taste great with less time. Just use some of the marinade to baste them while they’re cooking!
This goes perfectly with beef, chicken, pork… or pretty much anything!
Marinated Grilled Vegetables
- 7-8 cups vegetables including onions , mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, potatoes*, cauliflower*, cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon each basil , parsley & oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large Ziplock bag. Add in veggies and allow to marinate 4 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. (If you are pressed for time, you can just toss and let sit 15 minutes but longer is better).
- Thread the veggies onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill skewers 10 minutes or until done.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)