Get ready for tasty vegetable kabobs that are easy to make and packed with flavor.
These veggie shish kabobs are marinated in quick tangy marinade with a perfect balance of zest and goodness. Marinate your fave veggies, skewer, and grill.
Pair these kabobs with anything from steak, grilled chicken, pork chops, or salmon.
The Best Veggies for Grilling
You can use almost any kind of vegetable, aside from leafy greens, on these veggie kabobs. Below are a few favorites but don’t limit yourself to these!
- Tender: zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, eggplant
- Flavor Packed: quartered red onions, whole shallots, tomatoes
- Crunchy: bell peppers, whole baby potatoes, or carrot chunks (par-boiled)
How to Make Vegetable Kabobs
Making kabobs is simple; choose your veggies, marinate them, & thread them on a skewer.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade (per the recipe below).
- Slice vegetables into chunks, roughly the same size, and marinate for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to grill, alternate veggies on skewers and grill on medium heat until softened and slightly charred.
Skewers for Kabobs
If using metal skewers for these vegetable kabobs, there is no prep needed. Wood skewers or bamboo skewers should be soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes, or even overnight, to prevent them from burning.
Did you make these Grilled Marinated Vegetable Kabobs? Leave a comment & a rating below!
Grilled Marinated Vegetable Kabobs
- 8 cups vegetables including onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, potatoes*, cauliflower*, cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, parsley & oregano (each)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large Ziplock bag. Add in veggies and allow to marinate 4 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. (If you are pressed for time, you can just toss and let sit 15 minutes but longer is better).
- Thread the veggies onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill skewers 10 minutes or until done.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.