Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers are not only delicious but so easy to put together! Come home to dinner waiting for you with these easy Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers!
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
I love using my slow cooker, especially in the fall and winter months to have dinner ready to come home to. I sometimes get tired of the same ol’ ho-hum going into the slow cooker and these easy stuffed bell peppers are a change from the usual.
Make Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Fit Your Tastes
My whole family loves these slow cooker stuffed peppers. You can make substitutions to make this your own!
- Replace the ground beef for ground turkey or substitute half sausage.
- If you have other veggies in the fridge you’d like to use up, just chop them up with the meat and add them in!
- Any type of rice works well with this recipe too, I’ve used white, brown and even Cauliflower Rice!
- Change the seasonings to change the meal and make these into delicious Mexican Stuffed Peppers.
It is important to make sure your rice is slightly undercooked before it goes into the slow cooker so it doesn’t turn mushy.
Crock Pot Stuffed peppers are great because you can leave them cooking while you’re out of the house and unlike my usual Stuffed Peppers the peppers don’t need to be pre-cooked.
To Make Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Ahead of Time
Prepare as directed until step 4. When you’re ready to cook them, place in the slow cooker, top with broth and tomatoes and set the slow cooker to high for 3 hours.
More Slow Cooker Meals
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak – Easy!
- Crockpot Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken & Gravy – So tender!
- Dr. Pepper Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – Popular Crock Pot recipe!
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes canned, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 bell peppers red, green, yellow or orange
- Bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-18 minutes or just until water is evaporated. (Rice should be slightly underdone).
- Brown beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in ⅔ of the can of tomatoes, seasoning, chili flakes, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce until mixed. Add cooked rice and remove from heat.
- Cut the tops off of your peppers and place in your slow cooker. Fill each ½ way with the rice mixture add ¼ cup cheese and top with the rice mixture (it’s ok if they overflow a little bit).
- Spoon remaining tomatoes and broth over top of peppers and cook on high about 3 hours or until soft. 5 minutes before serving, place remaining cheese on top of peppers and close the lid until cheese melts.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.