Chicken Breasts are an easy way to get a healthy meal on the table! They’re mild in flavor and can be used in soups, sandwiches and tacos!
Below are our favorite ways to prepare chicken for a great healthy dinner or lunch! Add in a side of veggies and some cooked whole grains for a perfect meal.
Tips for Perfect Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts are lean, do not overcook or they will dry out.
- Use a meat thermometer (chicken breasts should reach 165°F)
- Season chicken breasts generously and add a little bit of oil to help get some color on the outside.
- Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz, the average recipe uses a 6oz chicken breast.
- Ensure you select breasts that are about the same size for your recipe so they cook for the same amount of time.
And now onto our favorite Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes!
Baked Chicken Breasts
Baking chicken is a healthy and simple way to get dinner on the table!
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts Simple and fuss free. These chicken breasts can be served on their own or baked and added to your favorite pasta salads and more!
- Baked Bruschetta Chicken (pictured) Fresh tomatoes add a pop of flavor to this chicken dish!
- Roasted Split Chicken Breasts Tender and juicy every time. Cook with the skin on for maximum tenderness (it can be removed before eating if you’d prefer).
- Oven Chicken Fajitas A whole meal in one pan! Use corn or whole wheat tortillas and top with your fave veggies.
Healthy Soups with Chicken Breasts
- Easy White Chicken Chili Full of chicken, beans, and veggies. Swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt for a healthy alternative!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Quick to put together, full of flavor.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup (pictured) Chock full of veggies (use fresh or frozen vegetables).
- Chicken Barley Soup Warm, cozy and comforting.
- Lemon Chicken Soup A simple chicken and rice soup with a pop of lemon flavor.
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas – Set it and forget it. Tender chicken breasts, onions and peppers in a simple seasoning. Great to feed a crowd.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili – Rich, creamy and easy to make. This chili freezes well to feed a crowd.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – Fast prep time this makes an extra flavorful soup with chicken and vegetables.
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice – Brown rice, veggies and chicken make this recipe a family favorite.
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos (pictured) – Add your own toppings and serve as tacos or even a salad.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches – Skip the takeout, homemade grilled chicken sandwiches are healthier and taste better!
- Grilled Chicken Parmesan – Easy no-fuss recipe grilled or baked in foil. Prep and cleanup are a breeze.
- Grilled Chicken Breasts – Great as a meal or to prep for the week ahead. Perfect for salads and sandwiches.
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – The flavors we love in our fave cordon bleu recipe without the deep frying.
- Chicken Souvlaki – A simple take on a Greek favorite. Add in a fresh Greek salad for the perfect meal.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – Quick and easy, these have a crisp exterior and come out tender and juicy.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos – Pulled chicken tossed with an easy homemade seasoning and salsa. This freezes and reheats well.
- Easy Chicken Fajitas – A simple 30-minute weeknight meal. Homemade seasoning is so easy to make, you’ll never buy the packets again!
- Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash – A flavorful casserole lightened up! Tender chicken and marinara sauce baked with cheese.
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Skip the takeout and make your own lettuce wraps at home! Great as a meal or an appetizer to serve guests.
- Boiled Chicken Breasts – one of the easiest ways to cook chicken breast, and they turn out perfectly juicy and flavorful every time.
Quick Garlic Chicken Bites
- 1 lb chicken breasts about 3
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add half of the chicken and stir fry until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. Add to the bowl.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan. Cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken (with any juices) and toss to combine. Cook 1 minute or until the chicken is heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Don't overcrowd the pan or the chicken won't brown nicely.
Option, add 1 teaspoon of butter with the garlic for extra flavor.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)