Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are an easy, weeknight slow cooker dinner that comes together with just a few simple ingredients! Chicken breasts are tossed in crockpot with sliced peppers and spices to create this mouthwatering dish!
Crockpot recipes are a lifesaver around here, regardless of whether it’s busy school weeknights or the middle of summer holiday chaos. Turning a traditional chicken fajita recipe into a slow cooker meal is great for busy weeknights and a favorite with the whole family!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas:
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are a dump and go recipe. Once everything is in the pot, they just hang out until they’re done, and you really don’t have to do anything to serve them.
- Add chicken breasts and broth to crockpot. Season well with homemade chicken fajita seasoning (see recipe below).
- Add vegetables and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Spread salsa on top in a thin even layer to keep everything moist.
- Cover and cook.
When it comes to cooking, the exact time will depend on your preferences and how your slow cooker cooks. I’ve found 4 hours on low to be lots, and you could also cook for 2 hours on high.
If you need to leave it longer, be sure that your slow cooker switches to keep it warm once the cooking time is over.
Can I Make These Chicken Fajitas on the Stovetop?
Yes! You can easily make these fajitas on the stove if you don’t have a slow cooker. Or while the weather is still nice, try making grilled chicken fajitas on the barbecue! Or try fajitas in the oven!
Simply add all of your ingredients to a large saucepan with a lid, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes until your chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
Let chicken breasts rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.
What to Serve With These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
Grab some corn or flour tortillas, and whatever toppings you enjoy with crockpot fajitas, and you’re set! Some of our favorite things to serve with these Chicken Fajitas are:
- Shredded cheese
- Avocados or Guacamole
- Fresh tomatoes or homemade Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream and salsa
- Cilantro Lime Rice or Spanish Rice
More Crockpot Dinner Ideas:
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – only 5 simple ingredients!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts – perfectly juicy & seasoned
- BBQ Crockpot Pulled Pork – so easy & flavorful
- CrockPot Beef Stew– ultimate comfort food!
- Pork Carnitas Recipe (Slow Cooker) – tender & succulent meat!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- In a 2 ½-4 quart crockpot, add broth and chicken breasts in a single layer. Sprinkle chicken with half of the seasoning.
- Top with peppers and onion and season with remaining seasoning mix.
- Add salsa and spread into a thin layer on top of the peppers.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, rice, sour cream, and cheese as desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)