Get that air fryer fired up and make some juicy boneless, skinless, air fryer chicken breasts!
Moist, tender, and oh-so healthy, air fried chicken breasts are a dream! They come out tender with a nice golden crust and perfectly juicy.
Why I Love My Air Fryer
Air fryers are a home cooks dream, right? I’m obsessed with mine. I have this 5.8QT Cosori Air Fryer. They’re easy to use and easy to clean, they hardly take up any space in the kitchen and they are a cinch to use!
The best air fryer recipes are easy to read, execute, and ensure perfect results! The great thing about an air fryer is that most recipes use few ingredients but always deliver maximum flavor and juicy tenderness!
Choose chicken breast pieces that are uniform in shape and size so they cook at the same rate!
Olive oil, chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper are all that’s needed to create the flavor in this dish!
Serve with roasted potatoes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or potluck favorite!
How to Cook Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
- Rub chicken breasts with a little olive oil and then season with chicken seasoning.
- Make sure they are evenly spaced from one another.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
Note: this is for 6.5-7.5 oz chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz. Adjust cook time as needed.
- Cook chicken breasts for about 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and cook another 6-8 minutes.
- Before removing, check internal temp with a meat thermometer and make sure it reads 165°F. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: Be sure to check the temperature of the chicken a few minutes early to ensure it doesn’t overcook. Appliances can vary.
Tips for Success
- A few swipes of BBQ sauce will add a great flavor and sticky exterior.
- Check for doneness a few minutes before cooking should be done by inserting a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh and watch it read to 165°F.
- Always let meat rest after cooking.
- When seasoning chicken breasts, pat the seasoning into it all over, firmly coating the chicken with the seasonings.
Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Asparagus – quick & easy
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – only 3 ingredients
- Air Fryer Asparagus – 6-minute cook time
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes – perfectly seasoned
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – simple yet delicious!
Did you make these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 3 boneless chicken breasts 7 oz each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning or this homemade seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Season chicken breasts with olive oil, chicken seasoning and salt & pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer (ensuring they don't overlap) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook an additional 6-9 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)