CrockPot Chicken Tacos are an easy family favorite meal! A handful of ingredients tossed into the slow cooker makes the most tender flavorful chicken for tacos (or for Chicken Enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos and more)!
Add chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes and seasoning and let the slow cooker do all of the work. Before serving shred the chicken and enjoy! It’s that easy!
Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
Taco nights just got easier! These Crockpot Chicken Tacos are such a snap to put together and always come out amazing! Tender shredded chicken is perfect added to tacos, burritos, salads and more.
Swap out the ground beef to make an amazing taco salad or add this flavorful shredded chicken to wraps, casseroles or soups.
How to Make Shredded Chicken Tacos
I have to tell you that this is one of those recipes that my whole family truly loves! Simply place the ingredients in the crock pot and walk away.
To season the chicken for tacos, I use … you guessed it, taco seasoning! I prefer homemade taco seasoning in this recipe to control the salt but a packet will work just fine as well.
While the ingredients call for boneless chicken breasts, you can certainly use bone in chicken as well (just make sure it’s skinless). Once shredded, this freezes perfectly making for a super fast weeknight dinner!
I’ve used this for making chicken tacos, chicken salads and even spicy chicken pizzas! Pile on your favorite toppings for a fabulous dinner loaded with flavor!
What to Serve with Chicken Tacos
These crockpot chicken tacos are insanely easy! I serve them with corn or flour tortillas and Mexican Rice or cilantro lime rice. We love to put out a big table full of toppings for everyone to dress their own! Our favorites toppings are:
More Favorite Taco Recipes
- Shrimp Tacos – Weeknight favorite!
- Taco Soup – So easy and so much flavor!
- Beef Taco Pasta Skillet – Easy comfort food
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Perfect last minute party dip!
- Beef Taco Casserole – Family favorite (kids love this recipe)
- Easy Fish Tacos – Reader favorite (quick and easy)
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Combine salsa, canned tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- Place onions & chicken in the slow cooker and top with tomato mixture.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker and stir in juices.
- Serve in taco shells, on salads, pizzas or in bowls over rice!