Taco nights just got easier! These Crockpot Chicken Tacos are such a snap to put together and always come out amazing!
I have to tell you that this is one of those recipes that my whole family truly loves! I use low sodium tomatoes and homemade taco seasoning to control the salt in this recipe. While the ingredients call for boneless chicken breasts, you can certainly use bone in chicken as well (just make sure it’s skinless). Once shredded, this freezes perfectly making for a super fast weeknight dinner!
I’ve used this for making chicken tacos, chicken salads and even spicy chicken pizzas! Pile on your favorite toppings for a fabulous dinner loaded with flavor!
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 package taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 onion diced
- Combine salsa, canned tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- Place onions & chicken in the slow cooker and top with tomato mixture.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker and stir in juices.
- Serve in taco shells, on salads, pizzas or in bowls over rice!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)