Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu! The delicious flavors of cordon blue lightened up in this yummy grilled version! Ham and creamy swiss over a juicy marinated chicken breast with a light and delicious sauce!
Cordon bleu is one of my favorite chicken dishes!! Juicy chicken with ham and creamy swiss is just such an amazing combination!
This easy Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe has all of the flavor but not all of the fat and is perfect for those summer months when you just don’t want the oven on! Chicken is marinated in an amazing sauce and then grilled up tender and juicy & topped with ham and swiss cheese! I like to order the ham at the deli counter and have them shave it very thin for this recipe.
Don’t skip out on the sauce with this recipe… it’s so good, I could literally drink it!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 oz swiss cheese
- Combine Dijon, Honey, Soy Sauce and Lemon juice. Remove 3 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside for sauce.
- Combine the chicken breasts with the marinade and let sit up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Mix reserved marinade with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and refrigerate.
- Preheat the grill to medium and grill the chicken 6-7 minutes per side or until juices run clear and the chicken reaches 170°F.
- Add ham and cheese on top and close grill for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately with sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!