Apple Bread is the best quick bread recipe and perfect served for breakfast, dessert or alongside a cup of tea.
Warm Apple Pie Bread starts with a soft buttery base and loads of fresh apples mixed within and layered throughout with a cinnamon ribbon. It’s all topped off with a sweet and crunchy cinnamon topping for the perfect apple pie inspired slice.
Delicious Fall Treat
Hello, fall… crispy crunchy leaves, pumpkin spiced lattes, apple pie and of course warm apple bread fresh from the oven.
And let’s not forget this amazing Apple Bread! This quick bread smells and tastes just like apple pie in a moist and fluffy slice, the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee or the perfect end to your day with a little bit of vanilla ice cream!
How to Make Warm Cinnamon Apple Bread
This soft apple bread starts with a soft buttery base and fresh apples are both mixed within and layered throughout with a cinnamon ribbon. This cinnamon ribbon really makes this bread taste like apple pie bread!
Finally it’s all topped off with a sweet and crunchy cinnamon topping and baked until fluffy.
Apple Pie Bread is delicious served warm but will keep for about 2 days on the counter (although it never lasts that long around here)! If you’d like to keep it longer I’d suggest refrigerating it in a tightly sealed container due to the moisture of the apples.
Getting The Best Flavor & Texture
I use either all butter or 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 butter in this recipe. Using the applesauce will give this bread a slightly chewier texture plus it’s a tiny bit healthier! Any type of apple will work in this recipe, but a crisper variety (such as granny smith) holds up better and you’ll want to peel it first!
Originally I used to bake this in a 9×5 pan but I have found that it bakes better and higher in an 8×4 pan. Yours may take slightly longer but you’ll just want to ensure a toothpick comes out clean. I check it at 35 minutes to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
More Apple Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
If you like this easy apple bread recipe, here are more delicious apple pie recipes you’ll love. Perfect for fall or any time of year!
Warm Apple Bread
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar divided
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup applesauce note: you can use ½ cup butter and skip the applesauce if you prefer
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 large or 2 small apples peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×4 loaf pan
- Combine ⅓ cup of the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- With mixer on medium, cream white sugar, remaining brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in applesauce (if using), beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour to egg mixture along with milk and stir just until combined. Do not overmix!!
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Sprinkle with ½ of the apples and ½½ of the cinnamon mixture.
- Stir the remaining apples into the remaining batter and pour into the pan. Top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes. Brush topping with melted butter. Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Originally published August, 2013
Adapted from Allrecipes
More Quick Bread Recipes You’ll Love
- Zucchini Bread
- Pecan Coconut Banana Bread
- Easy Banana Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread