Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is a quick and easy bread loaded with moist pumpkin and lots of rich chocolatey flavor. While the pumpkin flavor is pretty much undetectable in this bread, there is no mistaking how moist it makes everything!
It’s official… I am in love.
I love quick breads and often buy extra bananas to make my favorite banana bread recipe. Quick breads easy to make and well, quick to whip up. They’re so tasty and make the perfect snack or even dessert!
This bread is no exception. I have been making Chocolate Banana Bread for as long as I can remember, chocolate is such a delicious flavor in a quick bread. Every year I look forward to pumpkin season; pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies and warm fall spices. Adding pumpkin (or really any fruit or veggie) to quick breads and other types of baking keeps things extra moist. If you’ve ever had banana bread, Zucchini Bread or even zucchini brownies you know exactly what I’m talking about. Zucchini brownies are always rich and super moist but you can’t taste the zucchini.
Well my friends, this bread has a little secret that makes it extra crazy good and moist… canned pumpkin. You’d never know it’s in there, this bread doesn’t have a strong pumpkin flavor, it just tastes like rich chocolate. The pumpkin makes it crazy moist and totally irresistible.
This recipe was adapted from my Triple Chocolate Banana Bread which is really one of my favorites! Be sure to check your bread at 40 minutes to make sure it doesn’t over bake!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease & flour a 9"×5" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and milk. Add pumpkin mixture and chocolate chips to flour mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan (the batter will be thick).
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Heat cream and butter in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds or until it just comes to a boil. Remove and add chocolate chips. Let sit for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
- Whisk together and drizzle over bread.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More great ways to enjoy ripe bananas: