Pumpkin Spice Latte is a famous Starbucks recipe but guess what!? It’s a 1000x better made right at home (no special equipment is required). It’s so easy to make, you can enjoy it year-round…including iced in the summer!
Jura has provided me with the amazing coffee machine used to create this perfect pumpkin latte.
What Is In a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
A pumpkin spice latte contains pumpkin puree, milk (non-dairy works too), and coffee or espresso to make this drink so luscious and creamy! Don’t forget the whipped cream and caramel sauce for drizzling!
This copycat recipe has all the pumpkin spice and everything nice you’d see in the Starbucks version. Since you can make it at home, it has fresh ingredients (unlike the list on the pump of PSL at a coffee house). I promise you it is SO MUCH BETTER than any coffee house latte I’ve ever had!
For an adult version spike it with add a shot of Baileys or hazelnut liquor.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
This pumpkin spice latte is an easy recipe to make, with just 2 steps you can enjoy your favorite latte any time of the year!
Coffee or Espresso: Coffee is truly my love language. I have a Jura S8 Coffee Machine (which you may remember from my Affogato recipe) for both lattes and coffee. I’m obsessed with it for everything from lattes to my perfect cup of joe in the morning.
In this recipe I use it to make the espresso but I’ve also made this recipe with regular black coffee (which I brew a little bit on the stronger side).
- Heat milk, cream, sugar, pumpkin puree and spices in a pan until just about boiling. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add shots of espresso or strong coffee
Divide over two mugs and top with whipped cream.
How to Make it in a CrockPot
If you are making pumpkin spice lattes in a crockpot, scale up the recipe and keep the crockpot on warm so people can help themselves!
Stir occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the crockpot. Enjoy the fragrance of fall all throughout the house!
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe – classic holiday dessert
- Pumpkin Bread – easy quick bread recipe!
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – perfect for freezing!
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe – simple pumpkin roulade cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – made with amaretto!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup light cream such as half and half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or 4 oz espresso
- 2 oz baileys or hazelnut liquor optional
- whipped cream & caramel sauce for topping
- Combine milk, cream, sugar, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add coffee (or shots of espresso, see note).
- Divide between 2 mugs and add liquor if using.
- Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and additional pumpkin pie spice
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from Food Network