Fall has officially begun when pumpkin spice lattes start to appear at cafes and coffee shops!
This homemade PSL is rich and creamy, with the perfect blend of pumpkin and warm fall spices. Best of all, it’s easy and no special equipment is needed!
Skip the lines and make this copycat recipe before heading out to the pumpkin patch!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
One of my favorite things about fall is sipping on a hot homemade latte. So cozy!
- If you have pumpkin puree, you likely have everything you need to make a pumpkin spice latte at home!
- No special equipment or espresso machine is needed.
- Pumpkin spice lattes can be served iced or hot!
- Everyone from Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts and even McDonald’s has their own version but this recipe not only tastes amazing, but it also comes without the hefty price tag
- Upcoming holiday party? Scale up the recipe and keep prepared PSL warm in a crock pot. Offer shots of Baileys, brandy, or hazelnut liquor for guests to ‘warm’ up their drinks! And the aroma is ah-mazing!
Ingredients for a Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Coffee/Espresso – Use everyday coffee that’s been brewed just a bit stronger or a few shots of espresso. I use a french roast k-cup with the smallest coffee size setting.
Pumpkin – You’ll want to use real pumpkin puree (we use canned) for great flavor.
Sweetener – We add a bit of sugar but brown sugar works too!
Dairy – Light cream or half and half make give this drink its rich and creamy texture, but any non-dairy alternative will do. Oat milk, almond milk, or even coconut milk all work.
- Whisk in a little bit of vanilla extract.
- Swap out white sugar for maple syrup or even a touch of honey if you’d like.
- While heating the milk mixture, add a few cloves or a slice or two of fresh ginger. Discard before serving.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
This homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe is a warm and cozy way to welcome fall.
- Brew some strong coffee or make a couple of shots of espresso if you have an espresso machine.
- Place all ingredients except for coffee/espresso/spirits in a small saucepan (per the recipe below) and cook until hot (do not boil).
- Pour the milk mixture into mugs, and add the coffee or hot espresso.
- Top it with homemade whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg.
More Cozy Drinks
Did you enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk any kind
- ⅓ cup light cream such as half and half
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or 4 ounces espresso
- 2 ounces baileys or hazelnut liquor optional
- whipped cream & caramel sauce for topping
- Brew 1 cup of strong coffee (I use a dark roast k-cup and use the smallest cup size of my machine, I brew two batches to make 1 cup).
- Combine milk, cream, sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Once small bubbles form along the edges, remove from the heat.
- Divide the milk mixture between 2 mugs (add liquor if using).
- Add coffee (or shots of espresso, see note) to the milk mixture.
- Top with whipped cream, additional pumpkin pie spice, and a drizzle of caramel sauce if you'd like.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Adapted from Food Network