I got this recipe from my sister who got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend… and it is being passed on with rave reviews! Now I know why!
This is a VERY simple dessert but tastes completely amazing! Nobody would ever guess how quick it was to throw together.
Please, please, please do NOT skip the caramel sauce. It is SO easy and such a great addition to this recipe! I used cinnamon raisin bread… if you don’t like raisins any type of bread will work for this. Try choosing a denser bread for best results.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups light cream or half and half
- 3 eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups cinnamon raisin bread crusts removed and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Set bread cubes out for a few hours or place in the oven for about 5-10 minutes while it is preheating to allow them to dry out slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all bread pudding ingredients except bread and mix well. Gently stir in bread cubes. Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and let sit for 15 minutes. Bake 40 minutes.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil over medium heat and let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour caramel sauce over bread pudding and serve warm.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
Recipe adapted from Epicurious