Every kitchen needs a jar of cinnamon sugar on hand!
It is one of the easiest, sweetest ways to enjoy all kinds of delicious foods! Sprinkle a little sweetness on a piece of toast, or roll up a tortilla with butter.
An Easy Blend
- Skip the store-bought version, homemade easy and much cheaper to make.
- You can change the recipe and use more or less sugar or cinnamon (or even a powdered sweetener if you prefer).
- Make a double batch because cinnamon sugar has SO many delicious uses!
- Superfine sugar mixes easier with the ground cinnamon powder but any kind will work.
VARIATIONS Use equal amounts of Swerve (erythritol) as a sugar substitute. Try mixing in a dash of ground nutmeg it even pumpkin pie spice for something extra!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
It doesn’t get any easier than this one-and-done recipe!
- Mix 1/2 c sugar and 2 tbs cinnamon (printable recipe below) in a small bowl.
- Place in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
Ways to Use Cinnamon Sugar
Cinnamon sugar makes nearly everything tastes so sweet and savory!
My favorite dessert growing up was a bowl of white rice with butter and cinnamon sugar on top. Simple comfort food.
- Toast: Sprinkle it on buttered toast.
- Fruit: Sprinkle over sliced apples or even into apple sauce.
- Oatmeal: Top onto Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (or any oatmeal recipe).
- Breakfast Foods: It’s great on waffles, pancakes, muffins or french toast.
- Have it as an ice cream topper or over rice pudding.
- Sprinkle on homemade Churros or air fryer donuts.
- Quick Bread: Sprinkle over cinnamon bread!
How to Store
Cinnamon sugar is easily available when kept in a shaker jar with a lid. Keep it in a pantry and shake vigorously before each use. Cinnamon sugar will keep about two months.
What do you sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on? Leave a comment below!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I’m just curious why this only lasts for one month. Thank you!
Hi Lilyann, this recipe should be fine for longer than a month in the cupboard but we find that the cinnamon starts to lose its strong flavor after a month.
Thank you! So easy!
This sounds amazing.! I can’t wait for your toast recipe.
Love to join
Regina, to receive emails with new recipes, you can click here to sign up to receive emails. Look forward to sending you recipes!
Cinnamon sugar sprinkled over banana on buttered toast. Delicious!
I love your recipes
Thank you Onya!
Love the fact that you can substitute white sugar with Monk fruit.
I know this sounds counterintuitive, but, I always add approximately 1/8 tsp of salt. It seems to enhance the flavor.