We LOVED this easy Baked Spaghetti Casserole with Meatballs! The noodles are tossed up with a cheesy sauce and then topped with homemade meatballs and pasta sauce! This is a great meal for a cold night, it makes the perfect comfort food!! Our family has always loved spaghetti casserole but once I decided to throw in some meatballs, I don’t think I’ll have it any other way from now on!
If you are in a rush, you can use frozen (defrosted and cooked) meatballs but it really is worth it to make them fresh! This casserole is even better served the next day so if you have leftovers, don’t throw them out! You’ll thank me for that later.
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
BAKED SPAGHETTI & MEATBALL CASSEROLE
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 12 oz package fresh spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley ounce
- 28 oz . pasta sauce sauce store bought our homemade
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all meatball ingredients and form into 1″ balls.
- Place on a foil lined pan and bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Boil the pasta until just al dente (about 3 minutes for fresh pasta). Drain and toss with olive oil.
- Stir together egg, parsley, pepper, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese & pepper to taste. Toss with the pasta and place in prepared dish.
- Top with meatballs and pasta sauce. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil, top with remaining cheeses and continue to bake until cheese is melted and browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love