Surprisingly quick and delicious, you will be surprised at how quickly you can whip up fresh from scratch breadsticks! If you don’t want to make your own dough, these do work beautifully with frozen bread dough or rolls as well!
We love these in our house either as a snack or served alongside a pasta or lasagna dish! If you don’t have the cheeses listed below, these work great with pretty much any cheese you have on hand! This recipe can easily be doubled.
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 tablespoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water (110°F)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅛ cup fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine yeast, ½ teaspoon sugar, and ¼ cup warm water in a small bowl. Set aside 5 minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, water, sugar and salt. Add in the yeast mixture and gently stir. Add remaining flour and stir until completely combined.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into breadsticks. Place on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while letting the dough rise (rise about 15 minutes).
- In a small bowl, combine butter and minced garlic. Microwave 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Brush butter mixture over breadsticks. Top with cheeses.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Original post 07/2014. Photo updated 06/2105