These All Purpose Turkey Meatballs are the best ever turkey meatballs.
They come out juicy and flavorful every time!
Add them to pasta sauces, meatball subs or enjoy them as an appetizer with sweet & sour sauce.
I absolutely love ground turkey. It’s lean, fairly inexpensive and works perfectly in pretty much any dish requiring ground meat.
Since ground turkey has such a mild flavor it can be flavored perfectly for any dish (turkey taco salad anyone?) and especially for these turkey meatballs!
The only thing that could make turkey even more perfect? Serve it up as turkey meatballs!
I call these meatballs “All-Purpose” because you really can use them in anything. They’re perfect in appetizers (like cocktail meatballs), add them to a pasta sauce for a delicious spaghetti and turkey meatballs or toss them with marinara & a little cheese for a meatball sub lunch!
And let’s not forget our little Meatball Mummies!
How Do You Make Moist Turkey Meatballs?
These turkey meatballs come out tender and juicy every time. Here are a few great tips to make sure your meatballs come out absolutely perfectly!
- Don’t overmix the meat, you just want to mix until everything is combined.
- Don’t skip the fresh parsley (or the seasonings), it makes a huge difference in this recipe.
- Make sure they’re uniform in shape (they will all cook for the same amount of time)
Can You Bake Turkey Meatballs?
Yes most definitely! I love to bake this turkey meatball recipe to keep it healthier than it would be if we fried them!
I find baking the meatballs makes them nice and tender too!
How Long Do you Bake Turkey Meatballs?
I generally bake these at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.
If you are short on time, you can also cook these at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until no pink remains!
To freeze these meatballs, place them on a parchment lined pan and freeze. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag or a sealed container. To use, defrost and cook as directed in the recipe. (You can cook and completely cool them before freezing if desired. To use, just simply defrost and reheat).
ALL PURPOSE TURKEY MEATBALL RECIPE
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each basil and oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix just until combined.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture into 1″ meatballs and roll into balls.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or just until cooked. (Do not overbake)
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)