These All-Purpose Turkey Meatballs are juicy & flavorful! Lean turkey, Italian spices and bread crumbs are combined with ground turkey and baked until tender and juicy.
Add them to pasta sauces, meatball subs, or enjoy them as an appetizer with sweet & sour sauce.
A Flavorful Turkey Meatball
I absolutely love ground turkey. It’s lean, fairly inexpensive, and works perfectly in pretty much any dish requiring ground meat.
Since ground turkey has such a mild flavor it can be flavored perfectly for any dish (turkey taco salad anyone?) and especially for these turkey meatballs!
The only thing that could make turkey even more perfect? Serve it up as turkey meatballs!
I call these meatballs “All-Purpose” because you really can use them in anything. They’re perfect in appetizers (like cocktail meatballs), add them to a jar of pasta sauce for quick meal or toss them in broth with veggies to create a meatball soup!
How To Make Turkey Meatballs Moist
Ground turkey is lean but these meatballs come out tender and juicy every time.
- Do not overcook, this will dry out the meat.
- Use ground turkey that has a little bit of fat (a mix of dark and white meat) or add a touch of olive oil
- Don’t overmix the meat, you just want to mix until everything is combined.
- Make sure they’re uniform in shape (they will all cook for the same amount of time)
For Great Flavor
- Don’t skip the fresh parsley (or the seasonings), it makes a huge difference.
- Season with salt & pepper
- A sprinkle of parmesan really flavors this recipe.
To Bake Turkey Meatballs
You can most definitely bake turkey meatballs! This keeps it healthier than it would be if we fried them and baking meatballs makes them nice and tender too! (I bake my regular meatball recipe too).
I generally bake these at 350°F for 28-30 minutes. If you are short on time, you can also cook these at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until no pink remains!
To freeze these meatballs, place them on a parchment-lined pan and freeze. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag or a sealed container. To use, defrost and cook as directed in the recipe. (You can cook and completely cool them before freezing if desired. To use, just simply defrost and reheat).
More Meatball Favorites
- Juicy Air Fryer Meatballs
- Greek Meatballs
- Meatball Sub
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatballs
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs (in Homemade Tomato Sauce)
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Meatball Pasta Bake
All-Purpose Turkey Meatball Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup parsley fresh, chopped
- ½ cup onion minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon basil and oregano dried, each
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix just until combined.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture into 1″ meatballs and roll into balls.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or just until cooked. (Do not overbake)