Lasagna Roll Ups are a simple twist on a traditional lasagna recipe! Rolled lasagna noodles are filled with a flavorful spinach and ricotta mixture and baked with a quick homemade meat sauce.
What’s in a Lasagna Roll Up?
A lasagna roll up is reminiscent of one of our favorite stuffed shells recipes with the spinach and cheese stuffed filling.
This roll ups recipe adds in an amazing homemade meat sauce and of course cheese for a great ooey-gooey dinner that everyone loves!
How to Make Lasagna Roll Ups
This easy lasagna roll up recipe comes together in a few simple steps.
- Beef Mixture: Brown beef mixture, drain, and stir in pasta sauce. Prepare lasagna noodles per package directions.
- Cheese Mixture: Combine remaining ingredients, reserving a portion of cheese for topping.
- Assemble: Top prepared lasagna noodles with cheese mixture and roll jelly style. Layer meat sauce, lasagna rolls, and remaining meat sauce in casserole dish.
- Bake: Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with remaining cheeses. Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tips for Lasagna Roll Ups
- Cook noodles al dente so they don’t get mushy
- Ricotta can be swapped for cottage cheese
- Make into a freezer meal, prepare as directed and freeze before baking
- For a vegetarian option, replace ground beef with 2 cups of vegetables finely chopped
Lasagna roll ups are perfect as leftovers! Just serve them with some garlic bread and a green salad and they are like new again!
- Freezing: Line dish with foil before freezing, once frozen, remove it from the dish. Wrap it well and use freezer labels to label (freezer labels don’t fall off when they’re frozen). These will last in the freezer for a few months.
- In the Oven, defrost overnight in the fridge and bake as directed below.
- In the Microwave, put in a microwave safe dish and top with a little extra parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese. Microwave about one or two minutes and serve away!
Favorite Lasagna Inspired Dishes
- Classic Lasagna – Simply the best.
- Taco Lasagna – south-of-the-border twist!
- CrockPot Lasagna Soup – perfect weeknight meal
- Easy Lasagna – just one pot, no boiling required!
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole – budget friendly, & easy to make
- Lazy Crock Pot Lasagna – made with a cheese & spinach ravioli!
Lasagna Roll Ups
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- 1 egg
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain and stir in pasta sauce. Cook and drain lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, spinach, cottage cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Lay out cooked lasagna noodles and divide ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Roll jelly roll style.
- Add half of the meat sauce in a 9x13 dish. Place roll ups in dish and top with remaining sauce. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheeses. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)