Baked Spaghetti is a favorite casserole around here! A quick zesty meat sauce is combined with tomatoes and spaghetti and topped with cheese. This spaghetti casserole is baked in the oven until hot and bubbly.
Easy Baked Spaghetti
While Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole contains a lot of cheese in the spaghetti mixture (like cream cheese, cottage cheese or ricotta), this recipe is simple has pasta and sauce with a little bit of cheese on top.
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Baked Spaghetti Casserole is easy to make, simply prepare the meat sauce, toss with spaghetti and bake until bubbly. The prep can be done then night before and then baked before serving making this baked spaghetti the perfect potluck dish!
- Brown beef and onions. Add veggies and tomato sauce and simmer.
- Stir in spaghetti and place in a dish.
- Top with cheese and bake!
The cheese on top gets golden and crusty making for amazing flavor! Make sure your spaghetti is cooked al dente as the noodles do cook a bit more in the oven and you don’t want them to get mushy.
One great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you like to the sauce. If you don’t like green pepper, skip it and add diced mushrooms or zucchini. You can easily adjust this to your liking and add more or less sauce if you’d prefer.
How Long to Bake Spaghetti
Since the pasta and the sauce are warm when I put this dish together, it usually takes about 25 minutes or so to bake in the oven. If you prep it ahead of time and refrigerate, it’ll take a bit longer. Remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking and bake about 35 minutes or until hot in the centre.
Do You Cover Baked Spaghetti
I never cover baked spaghetti because the crusty cheese on top is my favorite part! Covering this dish also makes it steam which can overcook the spaghetti.
Serve this with a side salad and garlic toast for an easy meal. This easy casserole is great leftover and freezes perfectly!
More Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Easy Marinara Sauce
- Baked Lemon Butter Salmon Pasta
- Caesar Chicken Pasta
- Baked Gnocchi Casserole in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 16 ounces spaghetti cooked
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic, seasoning and green pepper over medium heat making sure to break up the meat very well. (Drain any fat if needed).
- Add pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to meat. Simmer 5-10 minutes uncovered. Stir in spaghetti and parsley.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan, top with cheeses and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and cheese is browned and bubbly. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!