This Easy Meatball Recipe is the perfect staple for any kitchen! It’s easy to prep and these meatballs come out juicy and full of flavor every time.
These meatballs can be used for just about anything. Swedish meatballs, grape jelly meatballs, spaghetti and meatballs, or even used as dippers or appetizers!
Meatballs are a classic recipe, perfect in soups, casseroles or meatball sandwiches. I make up big batches of meatballs and freeze them, adding them to a pot of boiling soup or into a bubbling pot of Marinara Sauce creates a homemade meal in minutes!
These easy meatballs are made with beef and pork for the perfect blend of flavors. You can use any ground meat including veal, lamb or sausage. If your meat is very lean (like in my Turkey Meatballs) I sometimes add a little bit of extra fat like a tablespoon of olive oil or some raw chopped bacon.
This meatball recipe adds both Italian Seasoning and a bit of parmesan cheese creating an Italian meatball flavor. If you’re using them in another recipe you can easily change the seasonings to match the ingredients in your dish.
The egg and breadcrumbs act as binding agents to help the meatballs keep their shape.
How To Make Meatballs
- Do Not Overmix:
- The trick to keeping meatballs extra tender and juicy is not over mixing when you combine the ingredients. Overmixing makes them tough so when making this meatball recipe, mix just until combined!
- Size Matters:
- Ensuring the meatballs are the same size will ensure they cook at the same rate. I use a cookie scoop to keep them even.
- Don’t be Lean:
- Making sure your meat has a bit of fat helps keep them tender. If you’re using extra lean meat, a dash of olive oil or fat can be added.
- Season and Flavor:
- In this meatball recipe Parmesan Cheese and Italian breadcrumbs add extra seasoning and flavor. You can change the seasonings or spices based on what you have on hand or how you’ll be eating the meatballs. For example, if you’re making sweet and sour meatball dish, you might like to change the Italian seasoning for ginger and garlic.
This meatball recipe makes about 48 meatballs which is perfect for parties. I like to batch cook them and put them in the freezer in a plastic bag. They can be reheated in the oven quickly to be enjoyed again!
How To Cook Meatballs
Meatballs can be cooked many different ways from pan frying to dropping them into boiling soup or sauce or baking them in the oven. My favorite way to cook them is to bake in the oven as there is no splattering, no flipping the meatballs and they come out perfect every time!
How to Bake Meatballs
Most meatballs will contain a bit of fat so lining your pan with foil is optional but makes cleanup a breeze. Preheat your oven and spray your pan (or foil) with cooking spray.
Roll the meatballs and place them on the pan about 1/2″ apart. Remember to try to keep your meatballs the same size so they all cook evenly.
How Long To Bake Meatballs
When you make this meatball recipe, bake them at 400°F for 18-20 minutes. I usually break one open to check for any pink color. A meat thermometer inserted into a meatball should read 165°F.
Meatballs are pretty forgiving when it comes to oven temperature. If you have something else in the oven at a different temperature, you can add them in and keep an eye on the meatball temperature.
How to Freeze Meatballs
Once cooked and cooled, these meatballs can be frozen for quick meals on busy weekdays! Simply place them on a baking sheet and freeze for a few hours. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer bag and keep them frozen for up to a few months.
More Meatball Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Meatballs – Reader Favorite
- Juicy Lucy Meatballs
- Cheddar Meatball Poppers – Party Appetizer Idea!
- Mac & Cheese Stuffed Meatballs – Kids LOVE this recipe!
- Baked Spaghetti Casserole with Meatballs
Easy Meatball Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until just combined.
- Shape mixture into 48 meatballs, approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons each.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.