If you love chicken wings half as much as we do, these recipes are for you! You won’t believe how many amazing variations and ways you can cook chicken wings!
Chicken Wings can be oven baked, air fried, or even made in the slow cooker. These chicken wing recipes are better than take out and come out extra crispy and packed with flavor. Most are made without the mess of deep frying!
They’re pretty much no fail and can be seasoned any way you’d like and are easy to cook to perfectly crispy perfection! Simply perfect!
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite air fryer chicken wing recipe is!
Chicken wings are pretty much the perfect party food. Bite sized, flavor packed, crispy, and almost everyone loves them! We make them homemade every week (most often air fryer chicken wings, they’re so easy) and always serve them to guests!
Game day? Make wings. Friends over? Make wings. Baby Shower? Why not?! Dinner on a Wednesday night? It’s wing night!
Our Favorite Chicken Wing Recipes
The collection of wing recipes below are great for dinner with a couple of sides or to put out for party snacks. Our best recipes are:
- easy to make
- fail proof, these are the tried and true favorites
- selected for a variety of flavors, there’s something for everyone
- baked or air fried, we skip the deep fryer most of the time
Top 3 Chicken Wings Recipes to Start With
1. Air Fryer Chicken Wings
AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS are hands down the best wings we’ve ever had! If you like your wings fresh, hot, extra crispy on the outside and tender inside (and who doesn’t!?) this is the recipe for you! Eat ’em plain with salt and pepper or sauce ’em up with your favorite sauces. There’s no wrong way to enjoy them.
2. Actually Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
ACTUALLY CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN WINGS are… well, actually crispy. Skip the vat of grease and follow the steps in this recipe to get perfect oven baked wings that have a crispy skin and tender meat.
3. Honey Garlic Wings
HONEY GARLIC WINGS make our top 3 because so many of you have made them and loved them. Hundreds of five star reviews can’t be wrong. Oven baked, sweet, crispy, sticky and so so finger lickin’ good!
Chicken Wing Tips
- ALMOST any chicken wing recipe can be cooked in the air fryer or oven if you just have one or the other. Use the basic oven or air fryer recipe above to cook the wings and add the sauce or seasonings of your choice.
- The recipes on this page call for split chicken wings which means that the wings are split into little drumsticks and flats with the wingtips discarded. TIP: Look for packages that say “split wings” at the store.
- Frozen wings can be cooked in the air fyer, add about 5 minutes to the cooking time. TIP: If time allows, we prefer to thaw in the fridge overnight or sealed in a freezer bag placed in very cold water for about 30 minutes.
- With these cooking methods, it’s important not to overcrowd the air fryer basket or the baking pan. The wings need air to circulate around them so they crisp nicely. TIP: Cook in batches if needed and then put them all back into the air fyer or oven to heat together before serving.
- Use 2 pans in the oven if needed and rotate them during cooking.
Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes
AIR FRYER PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS easy, slightly cheese, garlic packed, and delicious.
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER WINGS aren’t really wings but they make our list anyhow because they’re so good and totally snackable.
Oven Baked Chicken Wing Recipes
BBQ Chicken Wings are oven baked and coated in a sticky garlic bbq sauce. Bring out the napkins, you’ll need them!
Baked Buffalo Wings rival any deep fried version. All of the flavor without the added fat.
Crispy Homemade Hot Wings differ from buffalo wings because of the sauce. The straight up hot sauce gives these an extra kick!
Lemon Pepper Wings are crisp and tangy with a great lemon pepper flavor.
Garlic Parmesan Wings is a restaurant favorite that’s just as easy made at home. Crispy with a great garlicky parm coating.
Sticky Hot Chicken Wings is a sweet and sticky version of our fave hot wings. Spice, heat and crispy goodness all in one bite.
Crock Pot Chicken Wings isn’t oven baked but we do broil them in the oven to crisp at the end. These are great because they slow cook making the meat crazy tender.
Buffalo Wing Inspired Snacks
Wings are wonderful but if you don’t have actual chicken wings, you can still get your fix with the snacks below!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip. Enough said, it’s truly the best.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake turns that buffalo wing flavor we love so much into a whole meal. So good.
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese two of our favorite food groups in one great menu mash up.
Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower isn’t wings. It isn’t chicken. It is addictive.
Ranch Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip the goodness of a chicken wing dip loaded with lots of cheese and zesty ranch flavoring.
Dippers and Dunkers
As much as we love wings, we love the dips to serve along with them. Gather some carrot and celery sticks and choose something creamy to pair with spicy wings, it’ll cool your mouth.
Share your favorite chicken wing flavors below!