No game night, appetizer night, or picnic is complete without wings!
Sweet or savory, mild or spicy, or even honey garlic wings; they’re the ultimate snack food! Thes are prepped in mere minutes and they come out hot and juicy with spicy sticky bbq sauce!
A Game Day Favorite
- These wings are baked in the oven, the air fryer, or grilled on the BBQ!
- They are smothered in a fave zesty BBQ sauce (kicked up a notch).
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN Purchase fresh or frozen wings. If using frozen, be sure to thaw them first and pat them dry. I use split wings (which are split into little drumsticks and the flat part with the tips removed).
Before cooking, wings are tossed with a little bit of baking powder and flour to make them extra crispy (this same method is used to make our Actually Crispy Oven Baked Wings).
SAUCE The zesty sauce starts with BBQ sauce (homemade or your favorite store bought). Kick it up with a bit of sriracha and some garlic!
EXTRAS The same bottle of BBQ sauce can be replaced with a teriyaki glaze. Stir in ½ teaspoon ginger powder or freshly grated ginger along with the sriracha and garlic.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Wings
BBQ Chicken Wings are a great snack, we definitely prefer baked wings (or air fried) over deep fried.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels & toss with dry ingredients.
- Bake wings for 15 minutes, flip, & bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and toss with sauce. Increase heat and bake until sticky.
Air Fryer Directions
Turn these into Air Fryer Wings by cooking them in the air fryer at 400°F for 19 minutes. Toss with the sauce and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
If air frying, toss them with a touch of oil, salt & pepper. No flour or baking powder is needed.
On The Grill
Like air fryer wings, grilled wings do not need flour or baking powder. Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F). Place seasoned and oiled wings on the grill and cook for about 20-22 minutes flipping occasionally. Wings can be basted with sauce during the last 2-3 minutes.
PRO TIP: For an extra crispy glaze, broil the wings for about 3 minutes.
More Ways With Wings
- Honey Garlic Wings
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Hot Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings
Did you make these BBQ Chicken Wings? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings split & tips removed
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ tablespoon sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large baking pan with non-stick foil.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, salt, & pepper.
- Place wings on prepared pan and bake 15 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine BBQ sauce, sriracha, & garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove wings from the oven and turn the oven up to 450°F.
- Toss wings with BBQ sauce mixture and place back on the baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened and browned. Broil 1-2 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)