Buffalo wings are pretty much the perfect snack for every occasion, party, or game! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce.
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings come out just as crisp as deep-fried without the mess, splatter, and added fat with deep-frying oil.
Why You’ll Love These
- Hot, freshly cooked air fryer buffalo chicken wings are extra crisp in the air fryer without added fat from deep frying.
- So easy with no thermometer needed, less mess, less splatter, easy cleanup.
- Use your favorite version of hot sauce or even a mild buffalo sauce (yes!! Buffalo comes in mild too!)
- Less fat than the deep-fried version (and cooks faster than oven-baked wings) without sacrificing flavor.
CHICKEN WINGS: Look for split chicken wings (that have been separated into the drumstick and the flat wings) or wingettes. If you have whole chicken wings, you’ll want to cut them by removing the wing tip and separating the drum and the flat part. You can find info on separating wings here.
A small amount of oil helps the seasoning to stick and ensures extra crispy skin.
BUFFALO SAUCE: You can purchase buffalo sauce (or mild buffalo sauce) at the grocery store or online. You can also make homemade buffalo sauce with just 2 ingredients (hot sauce and melted butter). Swap out any sauce you’d like or add some bbq sauce to sweeten them up a bit!
How to Make Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
Air fryer chicken wings are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Season the wings and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket (per the recipe below).
- Flip the wings after 10 minutes (ensure the wings reach an internal temperature of 165°F).
- Toss with buffalo sauce and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Buffalo Wings
Make the air fryer do double duty and fry up some of these delicious appetizers to go with the snacking! Frozen Air Fryer Tater Tots, Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls, Air Fryer Onion Rings, and for a healthy snack, these Air Fryer Vegetables are amazing!
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Wings
- Always preheat the air fryer.
- Allow space between each wing so the hot air can circulate. If you overcrowd the air fryer the wings won’t crisp well.
- To make lots of wings, prepare in batches. Place all wings in the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes at 400°F to heat through before serving.
- Leftover chicken wings are delicious cold, but reheat them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes to restore that crispy exterior.
More Ways with Wings
Use this air fryer chicken wings recipe as a base for any sauce or seasoning, below are some favorites!
- Everything Air Fryer Wings
- BBQ Chicken Wings
- Sticky Hot Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
Did you love these Air Fryer Buffalo Wings? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip the wings and cook an additional 9-11 minutes or until crispy.
- Place wings in a large bowl and toss with buffalo sauce. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the air fryer for the best results.
- Allow space between each wing so the hot air can circulate. If you overcrowd the air fryer the wings won't crisp well.
- To make lots of wings, prepare in batches. Place all wings in the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes at 400°F to heat through before tossing with the sauce.
- Buffalo wings can be reheated in the air fryer at 400°F for about 3-4 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)