This Blue Cheese Dressing recipe is so good I could literally drink it!
Rich and creamy, this dressing turns the bold flavor of blue cheese into a mellow dressing that comes together in minutes.
The Perfect Dressing for Everything!
This is the best blue cheese dressing, it’s perfect for wedge salad or dipping buffalo wings.
- Homemade salad dressing is easy to make at home and tastes so much better than store-bought dressings!
- This blue cheese dressing can be prepared ahead of time and will last in the fridge all week.
- Rich and creamy, it has a mellow blue cheese flavor.
- Reduce the milk to make a blue cheese dip and serve it alongside buffalo wings or add it to buffalo chicken dip.
Ingredients for Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mayo & Sour Cream: Mayonnaise and sour cream make the base of this dressing with a bit of milk/buttermilk added for consistency. To lighten it up a bit, replace the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt.
- Blue cheese: Use any kind of blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles. Try gorgonzola, stilton, or Roquefort.
- Flavor: A squeeze of fresh lemon juice adds brightness. Chives and garlic powder are mild aromatics. Fresh garlic can overpower the other flavors.
How To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
To make homemade blue cheese dressing:
- For the base, blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, sour cream, and 1/2 of the blue cheese in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining blue cheese crumbles.
- Add milk, a tablespoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency.
I like to keep it a little thicker for a blue cheese dip, and a little thinner if it’s a salad dressing.
Is Blue Cheese Dressing Keto? You bet! Blue cheese dressing is low carb, making it perfect for the keto diet. One tablespoon has under 1 gram of carbs, so you don’t have to sacrifice those hot wings during game day. It’s perfect over a big steak salad or as a dipper for celery!
Storing Homemade Dressing
Homemade blue cheese dressing will last in the fridge for up to 7 days as long as your dairy is fresh. Keep it in a mason jar for easy pouring and label it with the best before date.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup blue cheese finely crumbled, divided
- 4-6 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and half of the blue cheese. Pulse until smooth.
- Finely crumble the remaining blue cheese and add it to the dressing with chives if using.
- Stir in milk, a tablespoon at a time, to the desired consistency. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.