Chipotle Ranch Dressing is a favorite dressing or dip perfect for salads, fries, or even pizza crusts!
A simple mixture of mayo and sour cream is combined with our favorite ranch inspired seasonings and chipotle peppers.
What’s in Chipotle Ranch Dressing?
BASE: Mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk give the dressing its rich and smooth base. You can swap out the sour cream for low carb Greek yogurt.
SEASONINGS: Fresh lime juice and cilantro add a bright fresh flavor. I also like to add parsley, garlic, and onion powder.
CHIPOTLE PEPPERS: These peppers are smoked dried jalapenos and they can be purchased in a can in adobo sauce. This makes them easy to chop and add to your favorite dressings and sauces. They have a nice smoky flavor and a bit of heat.
Where to buy Chipotle Peppers
Small cans of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are found in most supermarkets with the Latin or Mexican ingredients. You can also get them online.
SUBSTITUTIONS: If you don’t have chipotle peppers, substitute a little bit of dried chipotle powder or even other diced peppers with a bit of smoked paprika. Mild diced green chiles or finely chopped jalapenos can be used.
How to Make Chipotle Ranch Dressing
It doesn’t get much easier than two very simple steps:
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a container and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Dip Tip To turn this from a dressing to a dip, skip on the milk. This will make the mixture nice and thick. Perfect for dipping your favorite Air Fryer French Fries.
How to Use
- For dressings: Toss into Tossed Salad and serve with some Air Fryer Croutons. Or mix into a Classic Chicken Salad and tuck into a wrap or use as a sandwich spread!
- As a dip: Chipotle Ranch dip is the upscale answer to ketchup! Baked Sweet Potato Fries or Crispy Air Fryer French Fries make great dippers, and for fewer calories, try dipping these Grilled Marinated Vegetable Kabobs. Or, make an easy entrée with these Garlic Grilled Shrimp.
- As a sauce: Chipotle Ranch makes a great sauce for all kinds of meats and seafood! Use as a sauce or glaze for Easy Beef Kabobs, Juicy Baked Pork Chops, Easy Grilled Chicken Breast, or even as a sauce for Baked Salmon Fillets.
How to Store
Keep Chipotle Ranch dressing in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Delicious Dips & Dressings
- Sour Cream Dip – quick and easy
- Creamy Garlic Dressing – a garlic lover’s dream
- Creamy BLT Dip – a crowd fave
- Avocado Ranch Dressing – tangy & creamy
- Everything Bagel Dip – serve with bagel chips
- The Best Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes – so many to choose from!
Did you love this Chipotle Ranch Dressing? Leave a rating and a comment below!
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley or 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or more to taste, finely diced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!