Buffalo Wings are the ultimate game day feast. This recipe produces oven baked wings so crispy and juicy, they’ll rival any buffalo wing recipe you’ve had!
These wings are baked to crispy perfection and then tossed in buffalo sauce for the ultimate snack food.
The Perfect Snack
BAKED NOT FRIED: These Baked Chicken Wings are nice and crispy but they’re oven-baked instead of deep-fried!
What Are Buffalo Wings? Simply put, buffalo wings are crispy chicken wings tossed in buffalo sauce. Homemade Buffalo Sauce is so easy but this baked buffalo wings recipe is just as good with store-bought.
Tips for Crispy Wings in the Oven:
- Dab Dry with paper towels (wet wings steam instead of crisp)
- Dredge Lightly with a pinch of flour with a pinch of baking powder. Wings should be lightly coated (thick layers of flour won’t cook)
- Just Chill for a Bit Allow the dredged wings to chill uncovered for a bit
How To Make Buffalo Wings
While deep frying yummy wings, these oven baked wings are crispy and delicious without the mess of the oil. To make perfect buffalo hot wings, you want to make the chicken wings as crispy as possible, toss them in buffalo sauce, then return them to the oven to caramelize.
How to Make Baked Buffalo Wings:
- Pat Dry: Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge: Dredge them (per recipe below) and allow them to sit for a bit.
- Bake: Bake until golden and crispy.
- Toss: Toss with buffalo sauce.
Devour: ‘Nuff said.
Once you’ve tossed the chicken wings in buffalo sauce, you can serve them or return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. The final baking with buffalo sauce helps the sauce to caramelize on the outside of the wings while seeping into the wings. YUM!
When I serve buffalo hot wings, I basically pile on the blue cheese dressing but you can also serve them with ranch if you aren’t a fan of blue cheese dressing!
Buffalo Wing Inspired Snacks
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Baked Buffalo Wings
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Line a pan with foil, place a piece of parchment paper on the foil. Place wings in a single layer on baking pan.
- Bake wings 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and pour sauce over top. Mix on parchment paper (I grab the corners of the paper and toss the wings around) until coated. Slide parchment out from under the wings.
- Turn oven to broil and broil wings 10 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – reader favorite!
- Pigs in a Blanket – Kids love these and easy to make ahead!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Easy!
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- 7 Layer Dip – Classic easy dip!