Buffalo Wings are the ultimate game day feast.
These oven-baked wings are so crispy and juicy and then tossed in buffalo sauce. They rival any deep fried buffalo wing recipe!
These wings are baked to crispy perfection and then tossed in buffalo sauce for the ultimate snack food.
Baked Not Fried
This recipe makes wings that are actually crispy from the oven. Baked Chicken Wings are nice and crispy but they’re oven-baked instead of deep-fried!
Skip the deep fryer! While we love the simplicity of air-fried wings this recipe is great for a bigger batch and they come out perfectly crisp in the oven.
Buffalo wings are crispy chicken wings tossed in buffalo sauce which I make with butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. They can also be tossed in a bottled buffalo sauce.
How To Make Baked Buffalo Wings
While deep frying yummy wings, these oven baked wings are crispy and delicious without the mess of the oil. To make perfect buffalo hot wings, you want to make the chicken wings as crispy as possible, toss them in buffalo sauce, then return them to the oven to caramelize.
- Pat Dry: Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge: Dredge them (per recipe below) and allow them to sit for a bit.
- Bake: Bake until golden and crispy.
- Toss: Toss with buffalo sauce.
Devour: ‘Nuff said.
Tips for Crispy Wings in the Oven:
- Dab Dry with paper towels, wet wings steam instead of crisp.
- Add Baking Powder Toss wings with a bit of flour and a pinch of baking powder. Be sure not to use baking soda.
- Dredge Lightly Wings should be lightly coated, thicker layers will be powdery.
- Chill for a Bit Allow the dredged wings to chill uncovered for a bit if you have time.
When I serve buffalo hot wings, I love blue cheese dip but you can also serve them with ranch if you aren’t a fan of blue cheese dressing!
Rate This Recipe
Like this recipe? Then give it a rating now to let your fellow readers know it’s something they should add to their family’s menu!
Got Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo chicken wings are a favorite but don’t stop there! Buffalo wing sauce is great on so many appetizers.
Baked Buffalo Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings split and tips removed
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups buffalo sauce store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings, with flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a piece of parchment paper on top. Place the seasoned wings in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- If time allows, refrigerate the wings for 30 mintues.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from the oven and pour the sauce over top. Mix the wings on the parchment paper until coated. Slide parchment out from under the wings.
- Turn oven to broil and broil wings for 10 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe uses drumettes and wingettes (or flats) that have been split.
- For extra crispy wings, let them dry in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before baking.
- Be sure that you use baking powder and not baking soda.
- We love hot sauce but you can use any sauce you’d like. Sauces with sugar will need less broiling time.
- Serve wings with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and a side of blue cheese dressing or ranch.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – reader favorite!
- Pigs in a Blanket – Kids love these and easy to make ahead!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Easy!
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- 7 Layer Dip – Classic easy dip!
These wings are awesome!! crispy, juicy and just the right amount of heat! We use Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo sauce!! I used the non-stick foil the 2nd time we made them, stuck a little the 1st time.