Buffalo Wings are the ultimate game day feast. Crispy chicken wings are baked in the oven then tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce. Serve them alongside other favorites like loaded nachos and 7 layer dip for the perfect appetizer spread!
While we love the tenderness of slow cooker buffalo wings (which are perfect if you need to save oven space), these wild wings only take 35 minutes in the oven. You can put them in when the game starts and they’ll be ready to devour by halftime!
These Baked Chicken Wings are nice and crispy and I love that I don’t have to haul out the deep fryer! When I serve buffalo hot wings, I basically pile on the blue cheese dressing but you can also serve them with ranch if you aren’t a fan of blue cheese dressing!
What Are Buffalo Wings
Simply put, buffalo wings are crispy chicken wings tossed in buffalo sauce. Homemade Buffalo Sauce is so easy but this baked buffalo wings recipe is just as good with store bought.
To make the perfect buffalo hot wings, you want to make the chicken wings as crispy as possible, toss them in buffalo sauce, then return them to the oven to caramelize. They’re so good!
How To Make Buffalo Wings
I first posted my favorite method to make wings crispy in my Sticky Hot Chicken Wings Recipe a few years ago.
While deep frying makes amazing crispy wings, these oven baked wings are crispy and delicious without the mess of the oil.
To Make Crispy Chicken Wings in the Oven:
The use of foil/parchment paper makes clean up a breeze!
- Ensure wings are defrosted and dry before dredging
- Allow the dredged wings to chill uncovered for a bit
- Add a pinch of flour with a pinch of baking powder
- Wings should be lightly coated (thick layers of flour won’t cook)
How to make Baked Buffalo Wings:
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge them and allow them to sit for a bit.
- Bake until golden and crispy.
- Toss with buffalo sauce.
Once you’ve tossed the chicken wings in buffalo sauce, you can serve them or return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. The final baking with buffalo sauce helps the sauce to caramelize on the outside of the wings while seeping into the wings. YUM!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – reader favorite!
- Pigs in a Blanket – Kids love these and easy to make ahead!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Easy!
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- 7 Layer Dip – Classic easy dip!
- 2 lbs chicken wings split and tips removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buffalo sauce store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Line a pan with foil, place a piece of parchment paper on the foil. Place wings in a single layer on baking pan.
- Bake wings 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and pour sauce over top. Mix on parchment paper (I grab the corners of the paper and toss the wings around) until coated. Slide parchment out from under the wings.
- Turn oven to broil and broil wings 10 minutes or until golden.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)