Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower is perfect if you are looking to serve a snack big on flavor! I do love Buffalo Wings, but I think I love this cauliflower even more (and these are much healthier)!
Nobody will believe this deliciously crispy Buffalo Cauliflower is baked in the oven and not deep fried!
Buffalo Sauce vs. Hot Sauce
Buffalo Sauce is not the same as just plain ol’ hot sauce out of the bottle. When you order buffalo wings in a restaurant, the sauce is generally 2 parts hot sauce to 1 part melted butter (that’s why they taste so darn good)!
For this reason I actually prefer to purchase a store bought Buffalo Sauce (I love Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce best) as it doesn’t contain all of the fat of a homemade sauce but it still has that great buffalo wing flavor!
Spicy vs. Mild
If you have anyone in your group who can’t handle the spice, leave a few aside and season with salt and pepper and dip in a garlic aioli for another yummy variation!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce (see note below)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core.
- Combine milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Place batter and cauliflower in a large Ziploc bag and toss until cauliflower is coated.
- Pour cauliflower into a large strainer letting any excess batter drip off. Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs and gently toss.
- Place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently toss with buffalo sauce. You want the cauliflower coated but not soaked.
- Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love