Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of the best ever party dips with tender chunks of chicken in a creamy cheesy Buffalo sauce baked until bubbly.
This is the first thing gone at every party, low carb and keto-friendly (and everyone begs for the recipe)!
A Game Day Favorite
If you see me at a party, I pretty much guarantee I’m going to be hovering around the snack table checking out the goodies! I’ll gladly pass over the sweets and head straight to the savory appetizers like cocktail meatballs and pretzel bites!
If there’s one thing on the table I truly cannot resist, it’s a good creamy cheesy dip including this Buffalo Chicken Dip (and of course my famous Jalapeno Popper Dip)!
Who doesn’t love a good plate of hot wings on game day? This dip takes the flavor from your favorite Buffalo chicken wings and turns them into totally scoopable, irresistible party dip! Get in ma belly!
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Dip
This chicken wing dip starts with tender juicy chunks of chicken! You can use leftover cooked chicken or make easy poached chicken. Rotisserie chicken will also work great but in a pinch, you can even use canned chicken.
Like most dips, softened cream cheese is the base of this recipe. A bit of cup sour cream makes it easy to scoop while cheddar and mozza add cheesy flavor. You can add a bit of blue cheese if you like it!
Green onion and garlic powder (in place of white onion and fresh garlic) as the flavors are a bit milder and blend well in this recipe. Try adding taco seasoning, or ranch seasoning mix!
PRO TIP: To soften cream cheese quickly, microwave it for about 15 seconds on high. Using a hand mixer for the base of any cream cheese dip keeps it fluffy so it doesn’t break your tortilla chips for dipping!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip is quick and easy to make and everyone loves it!
- MIX – Mix cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, & seasonings.
- STIR – Stir in chicken & cheese.
- BAKE – Add more cheese & bake until bubbly.
- Prepare the dip up to 48 hours ahead of time and bake when your guests arrive.
- If the dip is prepped ahead of time, you’ll need to add a few minutes to the cook time.
- Substitute 1/2 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for the sour cream if desired.
- In a hurry? Skip the oven and melt all of the ingredients on the stovetop. Stir in chicken, top with cheese and broil.
- This dip can easily be made in a Crock Pot. I use a little 2qt slow cooker (super cheap, they cost less than $10)! Cook on low 3 hours stirring occasionally and then turn to warm.
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
More Creamy Dips You’ll Love
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – Personal Favorite!
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Reuben Dip – Just like the sandwich!
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip – Crowd pleaser!
- Rotel Dip
Did your guests love this Buffalo Chicken Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked & diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and garlic powder with a mixer on medium until fluffy.
- Stir in chicken, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and green onions.
- Spread into a small baking dish or pie plate. Top with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!