Garlic parmesan wings are a yummy way to enjoy chicken wings and the perfect alternative to hot wings for those who don’t like spice. Chicken wings are baked until crisp and golden and then tossed in an easy garlic parmesan sauce.
Oven baked means less grease, less mess, and more yum! They can even be made in an air fryer, if you have one!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
It’s a real toss up between our fave baked buffalo wings and these flavorful wings so we often make a plate of each! Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings are easy to make at home.
- Prep Wings: Separate the flat part of the wing from the drummets, and snip the tips off. Pat dry with a paper towel (removing moisture helps them crisp).
- Coat & Bake: Shake the wings in a plastic bag with flour and baking powder and bake on a parchment lined pan.
- Toss: When crispy toss with garlic parmesan cheese sauce.
You can eat them right then or crank the oven up to 475°F and bake the coated wings a few minutes more if desired. For keto or low carb garlic parmesan wings, skip the flour and only toss the wings with baking powder.
Adding baking powder to the wings before cooking changes the pH of the chicken skin making it crispy and crunchy. We add just a pinch, don’t be tempted to add extra as too much can have an unpleasant flavor.
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
You only need a few Ingredients for garlic parmesan chicken wing sauce, including butter, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Melt the butter
- Finely grate the cheese
- Mix all the ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl.
To give your garlic parmesan wing sauce maximum flavor, buy a whole parmesan cheese wedge from the dairy aisle, and grate it just before making the garlic parmesan wing sauce using a fine grater. You’ll find that the pre-grated sprinkle cheeses that come in plastic jars don’t have the same cheesy intensity as a fresh block of cheese but still a good substitute for a quick parmesan wing sauce. Pre-shredded parmesan cheese doesn’t work so well in this recipe.
Chicken wings are always a hit for a party, potluck or family gathering, and garlic parmesan wings are one of the tastiest ways to make this ever-popular snack!
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Honey Garlic Wings
- Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
- Sticky Hot Chicken Wings
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings split and tips removed (36 split wings total)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Toss with flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Line a pan with foil, place a piece of parchment paper on the foil. Place wings in a single layer on baking pan.
- Bake wings 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Toss with wings until well coated.
- Optional: Turn oven up to 475°F and bake wings an additional 10 minutes or until golden and crisp (broil if desired).
- Garnish with extra parmesan and parsley.
More Appetizers to Dig Into
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video) – The hit of every party!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – So crispy and easy (will work well with this sauce recipe too)!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Rotel Dip – easy!