This is a delicious way to make beef for tacos in place of ground beef tacos or steak tacos (soft or crunchy) or even enchiladas! Top it with tangy horseradish sauce or homemade salsa for a fresh taste.
Quesadillas are super easy, place a tortilla in a nonstick pan and top with a little cheese, some meat filling, and your favorite veggies. Fold in half and cook until crisped… flip and crisp the other side! Easy and amazing!
Don’t skip out on browning the roast first, this adds delicious flavor (as does adding homemade taco seasoning)! Once cooked, I find the easiest way to strain and skim the liquid is to pour it out of the slow cooker into my gravy separator. This separates the peppers & onions and allows all of the fat to easily be removed.
To keep this recipe low carb, skip the tortillas and turn it into a taco salad!
More Taco Favorites
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef (Perfect for Tacos or Enchiladas!)
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3-4 pounds chuck roast
- Rub the beef with cumin and chili powder. Brown on all sides in a medium-hot non-stick pan.
- Place the onions, jalapeño and garlic into the slow cooker. Add the roast. Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove the beef to a large platter. Using 2 forks, shred the beef disposing of any fat.
- Skim any fat off the remaining liquid. Remove the onions and peppers and all except approx. 1 cup from the slow cooker. Add the shredded beef to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir. Add the reserved liquid until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve in tacos or use in enchiladas. You can serve the onions/peppers on the side if desired
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love