Shrimp Tacos are a quick meal that everyone loves. Shrimp is tossed in an easy seasoning mixture and cooked until tender and juicy.
Tuck them into corn (or flour) tortillas with some fresh veggies like cabbage and slaw and you’ve got a meal in literally minutes!
The Perfect Quick Meal
- Shrimp is a protein that is quick to cook making this dish come together FAST!
- Tuck these into flour or corn tortillas (or even turn them into a shrimp taco salad).
- Add in lots of fresh veggies to make them healthy and flavorful!
I use medium shrimp for these tacos and add a homemade taco seasoning. It’s easy and allows you to control the ingredients and the salt. This seasoning can be used for Fish Tacos too), so make extra to keep on hand!
You can either cook these in a pan on the stove or make grilled shrimp tacos.
Instead of ordinary chopped lettuce, a tangy slaw with lime juice and mayo makes these shrimp tacos muy bueno! Most shrimp tacos with slaw are heavy on the mayonnaise, but this recipe has just enough seasonings added to add the perfect flavor.
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
For the best tasting slaw, prepare it well ahead of time and keep refrigerated so the flavors can all blend. Once the dressing is prepared, use only enough to keep the slaw coated but not soaking so it stays crisp and crunchy!
How to Cook Shrimp for Tacos
- Peel and devein the shrimp (and remove tails if desired). Mix with taco seasoning, garlic and lime juice.
- On a hot skillet or grill, cook shrimp until they are pink.
- Scoop slaw into warm tortillas and add shrimp and desired toppings.
Crazy easy right?! For a low-carb version, scoop slaw into a bowl and top with shrimp!
What to Put in Tacos
What can’t go into a taco?
Guacamole, sour cream, homemade salsa are great flavor enhancers!
Olives, jalapenos, and cabbage or coleslaw all make great taco toppings no matter what kind of meat is used. Create a taco bar on the patio for your next get-together and let guests can build their own taco creations…get festive and have fun!
Great Side Dishes
Since these are Mexican inspired shrimp tacos, we add in rice and our favorite corn salad! For beverages, offer up some homemade mojitos, or a fun assortment of margaritas like mango margaritas, orange, or strawberry!
More Taco’d Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos (Pressure Cooker) – easy and delicious!
- Easy Fish Tacos – so fresh!
- Beef Taco Casserole – fun for the whole family
- The BEST Loaded Nachos – great appetizer with leftover shrimp!
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – delicious snack in minutes
- Salmon Tacos – with pineapple salsa!
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – a vegetarian favorite
- 1 pound medium shrimp shelled & deveined, tails removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning bought or homemade
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 cup cabbage finely sliced
- ¼ cup purple cabbage finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Mix shrimp, taco seasoning, lime juice and garlic powder.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with slaw, shrimp and desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)