If you’re looking for a quick meal that everyone loves, these are a family favorite!
Shrimp Tacos combine juicy, seasoned shrimp with fresh, crunchy veggies and your fave toppings for an easy weeknight wonder.
Tuck them into corn (or flour) tortillas and create a taco bar for a fun take on taco night.
Tacos Are An Easy Meal
- Shrimp is a protein that is quick to cook making this dish come together FAST!
- Tuck these into flour or corn tortillas (or even turn them into a shrimp taco salad).
- Add in lots of fresh veggies to make them healthy and flavorful!
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp – Shrimp is a lean, flavorful protein that cooks up quickly. Choose peeled and deveined shrimp (with the tails removed) for easy prep.
- Taco seasoning – Adds a burst of zesty, smoky flavor. Use homemade taco seasoning or store-bought.
- Tortillas – I love the flavor of corn tortillas but flour tortillas (or even crispy taco shells) work too!
- Cilantro slaw – A vibrant blend of shredded cabbage, carrots, and a light dressing, it gives a satisfying crunch and a refreshing tanginess.
- Lime – A squeeze over the top brightens up the flavors, adding a bit of acidity that ties the whole dish together.
How to Cook Shrimp for Tacos
- Peel and devein the shrimp (and remove tails if desired). Mix with taco seasoning, garlic, and lime juice.
- On a hot skillet or grill, cook shrimp until they are pink.
- Scoop slaw into warm tortillas and add shrimp and desired toppings.
Turn It Into a Fun Shrimp Taco Bar
Serve this easy shrimp taco recipe with your favorite toppings or create a taco bar for your next get-together!
- Sauces: Add guacamole, or drizzle with hot sauce, sour cream, or homemade salsa.
- Fresh: Add the cabbage slaw below or your favorite coleslaw. Try a few slices of avocado or radishes.
- Flavorful: Olives, jalapenos, extra lime wedges, cilantro. Our fish taco sauce makes a great shrimp taco sauce too!
- Sides: Serve shrimp tacos with Mexican rice, refried beans, Cilantro Lime rice, elote or chips and & salsa.
Did you make these Shrimp Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 pound medium shrimp shelled & deveined, tails removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning bought or homemade
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 cup cabbage finely sliced
- ¼ cup purple cabbage finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- For the slaw, in a medium bowl, mix together green and purple cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, and cumin. Seaon with salt to taste and refrigerate.
- In a separate bowl, combine shrimp with taco seasoning, lime juice, and garlic powder.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer. Using tongs, cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side until they're pink and cooked through.
- Warm the corn tortillas over an open flame or follow package instructions.
- Fill each warm tortilla with slaw and cooked shrimp, adding any other desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.