A Club Sandwich is one of the most iconic sandwiches on any menu! Layers of ham, bacon and turkey with juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce and cheddar cheese create the perfect bite!
Restaurants and diners of all shapes and sizes (and prices!), and country clubs, schools, resorts, even hospitals have some version of a club sandwich recipe on their menu! And who can blame them? It is delicious, and looks so yummy too!
What is a Club Sandwich?
Probably the most obvious sign that you’re getting a club sandwich is the unique way it is stacked with three layers of bread and then cut into quarters and secured with a toothpick.
What are Club Sandwich Ingredients? The classic club sandwich has been around for generations because it is chock-full of the things we love best all served up on some soft sandwich bread. It’s almost like a BLT with ham and turkey!
And of course you can make a chicken club sandwich with leftover baked chicken! And why stop at white bread? Try some sourdough, whole wheat or even rye. Make a fancy California club sandwich and use sliced avocados, fancy microgreens and some stone ground mustard? Any way is the right way when it comes to this sandwich!
How to Make a Club Sandwich
Making a turkey club sandwich can be as easy or as elaborate as you want! With a few simple steps you can create a basic club sandwich, add a few extra layers or toppings and you can dress this sandwich up as much as you’d like!
- First Layer: Spread the mayo on one side of lightly toasted bread. Add turkey, tomato and cheese (be sure to put the tomatoes in the middle so the bread doesn’t get soggy).
- Second Layer: Layer ham, bacon and lettuce.
- Top with the final slices of bread, secure with cute sandwich picks and cut into quarters.
Optional Extras: In the second layer, this is where you will add the lettuce add in your own favorites! Slices of avocado, hard boiled eggs, a smear of mustard… the possibilities are endless.
More Fave Sandwiches
- Best Egg Salad Recipe – perfect for picnics or work lunches!
- My Favorite Reuben Sandwich – our whole family’s favorite!
- Cucumber Sandwiches – a lighter option perfect for a luncheon
- Ham Salad – great for leftover ham.
- Easy Tuna Melts– Easy way to feed a crowd!
- 6 slices bread toasted and buttered
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 oz sliced turkey
- 4 oz sliced ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup lettuce washed and chopped
- Arrange 2 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread each slice with mayonnaise.
- Top with turkey, tomato slices and cheddar cheese.
- Spread mayonnaise on 2 more pieces of bread and place on the cheddar cheese.
- Top with ham, bacon and lettuce. Spread mayonnaise on the final 2 slices of bread and place on top.
- Cut sandwich into halves or quarters. Serve with pickles.